Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Re: What moss is good?

Post by Wai »

Of the links, I'd say Vicki's moss looks the safest since it's the least green of them all. No-one can be certain or somewhat sure that a batch of moss is safe until they've exposed their hermit crabs to it for a long time. I bought my moss as a dehydrated sheet. I wasn't sure if it was safe at the time, but I wet it and put it in the tank and haven't witnessed any deaths and strange events in the moss so far for over a year now.
Wai
Purple pinchers
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 3
Total gallons: 20

Post by Purple pinchers »

hhmmmmm so hard takeing a chance because if it does have dyes then it could hurt them but if it does not have dyes then it could bring joy to them and save me some mony :/
*Pack Rat*
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45

Post by Wai »

I had a look at the links again and besides Vicki's, the only moss which doesn't look like it has been dyed is the Zoo Med one. Isn't Vicki's moss cheaper anyway? Also, she uses that moss herself so I doubt she'd sell anything that she deems to be dangerous. I would have bought my moss from Vicki if Australian customs weren't so keen on confiscating plant products from overseas.
Wai
Purple pinchers
Zoea II
Zoea II

Well vikies moss the only problem is that we dont have paypal :/ so...
*Pack Rat*
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

Last I remember about ordering from Vicki, she also takes money orders. :) Many do not have PayPal accounts, and this way those who are too young to have checking accounts can also order. :)

Edited to add:
And if you follow this link through to the check out (that you provided on page one of this thread)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Zoo-Med-Sphagnum-Mo ... 53e4b6fb13

You will note in the lower right corner they only take PayPal too. I think 95% of Ebay only takes PayPal which is secured.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Purple pinchers
Zoea II
Zoea II

Hmmm odd cant seem to find where it says that... but ya i think i will look into the mony order ;)
*Pack Rat*
vckums
Zoea III
Zoea III
Hermit crabs: 9

Post by vckums »

If you have any questions feel free to email me. I will gladly help you in placing an order and work on payment options.

The moss I sell isn't dyed, it's been used for over 5+ years by myself and fellow crabbers with no problems.
Vicki
D'sCrabs
Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 12
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 3

Post by D'sCrabs »

You dont have to have a pay pal account to pay with a credit card at vickis store. when you go to check out and the pay pal window comes up just hit guest button and you can use pay pal without an account! :) hope this helps..