D'sCrabs
Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 12
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 3

Hotdog crisis..

Post by D'sCrabs »

My preschooler thought since mommy was making food in the dehydrator for the crabs, she could cook for them to. She put a piece of hotdog in there at some point. Apparently Snuggie like hotdogs cause he was eating it when I found him.. Should I be freaking out or will he be ok??
CrabbyJo
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 7
Total gallons: 85
Total tanks: 4

Re: Hotdog crisis..

Post by CrabbyJo »

He'll be fine I'm sure. It's just not something you'd want to feed regularly due to the preservatives, nitrates and nitrites. :)
6 hermit crabs - 3 PPs and 3 Equadorians
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please feel free to share information from this website, but please be sure to give credit and a link back to the information. Failure to give credit is plagiarism. Don't take credit for someone else's information.
D'sCrabs
Zoea I
Zoea I

Post by D'sCrabs »

Thanks for the reply.. She had me worried for a minute.
CrabbyJo
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 7
Total gallons: 85
Total tanks: 4

Post by CrabbyJo »

I know, there are some foods that truly are dangerous for our crabs, so we wouldn't want to feed them. Like onions, lucky bamboo, African Violet leaves, etc.
6 hermit crabs - 3 PPs and 3 Equadorians
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please feel free to share information from this website, but please be sure to give credit and a link back to the information. Failure to give credit is plagiarism. Don't take credit for someone else's information.
D'sCrabs
Zoea I
Zoea I

Post by D'sCrabs »

Nice to know ecspecially the African Violets,I grow them.. They are my favorite.. I actually have a silk one in my tat. Wish Id have know about the onions earlier I gave them some purple onion not long after getting them, they didnt eat it, Quess now I know why.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

I agree with CrabbyJo, and not to feed it regularly. A couple years ago I was surprised to hear Crab Works every few months fed Jon & Kate Vienna sausage! 8| 34 years later they are still scooting about! :)
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.