About those blueberries I talked about earlier.....

Questions about identifying the differences between species.
Akai
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 12
Total gallons: 60
Total tanks: 2

New to this Forum!

Post by Akai »

Hi, I'm Akai and i'm new here. :D Many of you may now me as limeslide elsewhere.
I currently have 6 PPs, 4 Es and 2 Straws(They are both about the size of a Tennis Ball). I may be getting some Violas, Ruggies, and Indos soon, and maybe if I get lucky, some BLUEBERRIES! :D (I heard they were going to ship some to US stores)
I've been crabbing for over a year now. It's been really fun having them. I currently have a 20-30 (not sure how many gallons) gal. With pools. Thankyouverymuch :)
My other 'tat is a 29gal this is currently in a 'remodeling' state. So no pic on that one. :(

So yeah, here I am! :D
Last edited by Akai on 21 Jul 2009, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.
Home to:
6 PPs:Bjorn, Geoff, Amos, Sam, Milo and Henry
2 Straws:Io and Callisto
4 Es:Odaiba, Hokkaido, Iriomote, and Osaka
emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 40

Re: New to this Forum!

Post by emmac350 »

Is that low area on the right side a pool? How do you help them climb out if so?

Also, Chermo is a user who doesn't have crabs anymore...so I'm kind of confused that you said you were her.

Finally...blueberries in US stores? I'll believe it when I see it. Are they as picky about their temp/humidity as straws?
Follow the daily lives of my crabs at thedailyhermit.tumblr.com

Mommy to:
Rack, 23 Sep 08; Benny, 23 Sep 08; Slightly, 3 Jan 09; Nibs, 3 Jan 09; Curly, 3 Jan 09; Spaz, 5 Jul 09

If you are contacted privately and enticed to join another forum, please inform a moderator. This is an unethical practice.
Akai
Zygote
Zygote

Post by Akai »

No, I'm not Chermo. But I said some people like Chermo might now me from other forums. I totally forgot that she stopped crabbing, sorry.
It is kinda hard to see but, there are many vines and glued (with aquarium sealant) river rocks. Here's a pic of it, half filled and no plants in it yet.
http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd32 ... 1257-1.jpg <--Clicky

A member of another forum stated that he would ship some hopefully this august. I'm pretty sure they are as picky since they are an Exotic species.
Post in another forum wrote:
Mokulele_Hawai'i wrote:
dbolack wrote: You said you're importing Blueberries. Who do I get into contact with in order to make a purchase?
It was for a trial and my business partner's private collection ( he's a wholesaler that supplies petshop wholesalers ). I will export some more ( perhaps ) in August and if I can send a large amount they will be in American petshops soon.
Sorry for the confusion.
Last edited by Akai on 21 Jul 2009, 10:40, edited 1 time in total.
Home to:
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

"Also, Chermo is a user who doesn't have crabs anymore...so I'm kind of confused that you said you were her."

I am confused, :S but then again Akai edited their post since this was submitted?
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Akai
Zygote
Zygote

Post by Akai »

Yes, I did edit my post so there is no more confusion. :)
Home to:
emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 40

Post by emmac350 »

Marie - he meant that he thinks Chermo would know him as he was on another forum with her. Chermo recently adopted out her crabs to Wizkidsmom.

Also, if the info about blueberries is correct...I'm totally going to get two, haha. I told my husband and he said that he knew that I would be first in line for them...how right he is! We'll see if we get any here in the ugly corner of lower AL.
Follow the daily lives of my crabs at thedailyhermit.tumblr.com

Mommy to:
Rack, 23 Sep 08; Benny, 23 Sep 08; Slightly, 3 Jan 09; Nibs, 3 Jan 09; Curly, 3 Jan 09; Spaz, 5 Jul 09

If you are contacted privately and enticed to join another forum, please inform a moderator. This is an unethical practice.
Akai
Zygote
Zygote

Post by Akai »

I hope we get some here in South Texas 8) . I'm gonna be first in line,too. Probably getting four. :D
Home to:
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Post by Wai »

Just a tip from me, would it be a good idea to put a large piece of wood or climbing toy poking out of the water in the middle of the pool in case the climbing rocks detach from the glass separator? That way they can avoid drowning by hanging onto that until you realise what has happened. Or, you can put the piece of wood or toy right up against the climbing rocks as a back up, should the rocks slip. Even if the glue is strong, it is best not to make any risks.
Wai
Akai
Zygote
Zygote

Post by Akai »

Wai wrote:Just a tip from me, would it be a good idea to put a large piece of wood or climbing toy poking out of the water in the middle of the pool in case the climbing rocks detach from the glass separator? That way they can avoid drowning by hanging onto that until you realise what has happened. Or, you can put the piece of wood or toy right up against the climbing rocks as a back up, should the rocks slip. Even if the glue is strong, it is best not to make any risks.
Wai, thanks for the tip. Tho there are already many plants/vines that are in there to help a crab get out. :)
Home to:
vckums
Zoea III
Zoea III
Hermit crabs: 9
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 1

Post by vckums »

Very nice set up!

I do remember you as limeslide, so welcome to HCP!
Vicki