Chakotay up after 4 weeks.

Questions about hermit crabs moulting and its symptoms.
POPPIT
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 4
Total gallons: 69
Total tanks: 3

Chakotay up after 4 weeks.

Post by POPPIT »

Chakotay has surfaced after a 4 week underground period(should be a real moult)...He is in his shell and has just went across the tank to the pools...i had to put him in the salt pool coz he couldn't get up and i put the log back between the water pools for easy access..Though he crawled out of the pool fine without using the log lol...From what i can see i think he has all of his legs..the guarding leg kinda looked like it had an orangey tinge to it but who knows...hopefully he stays healthy and i can get a good look at him in a few days time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ginger
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 11
Total gallons: 60

Re: Chakotay up after 4 weeks.

Post by Ginger »

Sounds good, but just remember to keep handling to a minimum for a few weeks after he has moulted - they are pretty sensitive during this time.
POPPIT
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 4
Total gallons: 69

Re: Chakotay up after 4 weeks.

Post by POPPIT »

Still looks ok today....as soon as i turn on the uvb light he half comes out of his shell with hyperactive antennae lol...I haven't handled him since first puting him in the salt pool..He needs to recover and i understand that...hopefully he continues to go well.