Registered Adopters

Ask any hermit crab care questions in the appropriate section.
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Registered Adopters

Post by Wai »

The following members have been approved as hermit crab adopters on the Hermit Crab Adoption Centre:

Ayume
blondy627
bugboy
cootiesami
Hermitcrazy
Lette44
spidtat
Wai

Only the members listed above are permitted to carry the official "Registered Adopter" banner in their signature. Anyone who has "Registered Adopter" banner in their signature, but does not have their username in the above list will be warned or banned, depending on the situation.

Official banner:

If you have any questions, please contact ladybug15057, who runs the Adoption Centre, or myself.
Wai
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Re: Registered Adopters

Post by ladybug15057 »

Please welcome CrabbyJo to the list of adopters too! :D
Eventually as time permits, it is my understanding that Wai will make an option that those who are approved adopters due to meeting the strict criteria needed will also be acknowledged here at HCP. This option however will not be available for members to do themselves.
If you are an approved adopter with the Adoption Center and your name is not in this thread already, please pm me (or use the adoption center e-mail address) to contact me with:

Your name:
Your user name:
State your profile is located:
your e-mail address
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Foxydiva3
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 27
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2

Post by Foxydiva3 »

I would Like to become an adopter Ladybug, How do I Go About doing that?
emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 2

Post by emmac350 »

There is an adopter form located on the website that Wai linked to in his original post. Fill it out, email it in, and Marie will let you know what needs to be fixed (I took a few months to fix everything that I needed to in order to get on the list) or to congratulate you for meeting their requirements to be an adopter!
Follow the daily lives of my crabs at thedailyhermit.tumblr.com

Mommy to:
Rack, 23 Sep 08; Benny, 23 Sep 08; Slightly, 3 Jan 09; Nibs, 3 Jan 09; Curly, 3 Jan 09; Spaz, 5 Jul 09

If you are contacted privately and enticed to join another forum, please inform a moderator. This is an unethical practice.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by ladybug15057 »

In my signature you will see the link too. On the home page of the Adoption Centers blog, you will see an embedded link to the form. Once filled click 'submit' at the end. All questions must be answered, and please do submit as much detail as possible. I cannot (and will not) try to read between lines or assume. (been doing this long enough I learned better)
Be forewarned all, the criteria is strict, but it is based on today's knowledge, research, and experience. The actual procedure once approved can be read here

But a direct link to the form that needs completed is here

If one is not a member of the CSJ, please do not put in a user name, put N/A. One does not need to be a member of CSJ to be an approved adopter, but one must be 18 years or older or have their parent/guardians consent. This is done by completing a form that I e-mail to that person.
As Emma mentioned all get a reply one way or the other. Please do check for an e-mail from the adoption center gmail account. Rarely do I use or even check the CSJ adoption center one because of the spam overload through the years.

Wai, if you are making some form of acknowledgment for adopters here (which I hope to soon see the criteria are strict) please remove Chermos name for now.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Wai
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Wai »

I've got a good idea in mind already and will get working on it once the new computer arrives.
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=582123

Edit:

Bummer, it looks like I have to pay to use that mod. I'll make a banner for registered adopters to put in their signature.

On another note, can everyone please edit their profile and re-enter what gender they are again?
Wai
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by ladybug15057 »

This is up to you, but in the past when we tried (sorry) to trust that those who were adopters to mark their profiles accordingly there were MANY who had they were approved and they were NOT approved adopters. Not saying at all anybody here would do this, but is there a way that only the mods or yourself would be able to add this?
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

Wai
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Wai »

ladybug15057 wrote:This is up to you, but in the past when we tried (sorry) to trust that those who were adopters to mark their profiles accordingly there were MANY who had they were approved and they were NOT approved adopters. Not saying at all anybody here would do this, but is there a way that only the mods or yourself would be able to add this?
I could link the signature banner to the post with all the approved adopters. Anyone who has the banner in their signature, but does NOT have their name on that list will be warned/banned.

Edit:

The banner is up and running. Although I think I can do better, this is the best I can do with the tiny amount of free time I have left at the moment.
Wai
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by ladybug15057 »

Wai needs the "Registered Adopter" banner added to his signature (!) ;)
Welcome aboard Wai (!) (!)
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

Wai
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Wai »

Thanks, Marie, but I'll just be an emergency adopter for now until further notice. XD
Wai