How Often Do You See Them?

Ask any hermit crab care questions in the appropriate section.
autumnfalls
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 3
Total gallons: 50
Total tanks: 2

How Often Do You See Them?

Post by autumnfalls »

I am curious how often you all see your hermit crabs. Every day? Every few days? Never? :P I usually see Pumpkin and Russle every other day and sometimes every day. Every once in a while I'll catch turtle waking up as I'm going to bed, but he usually hides once the sun is up ^) And Splotch is active in spurts. I'll see him every day for a while and then he'll hide for a week. So, on average I see at leaste one crab every other day. How about you?
Long haired Crab Enthusiast!
hermie_lover3542
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 17
Total gallons: 84
Total tanks: 5

Re: How Often Do You See Them?

Post by hermie_lover3542 »

I usually see them everyday if not every othr day because most of them usually buried down.
*~-proud hermie mommy of 15-~*
They are Hermie the 2nd(medium pp), T.J.(medium pp), Big Daddy(large pp), Tank(Jumbo pp), Pearl(large pp), DigDug(medium pp), Freaky Fred(small pp),courage(Medium pp), Strawberry Shortcake(small pp), Tiny Timantha(tiny pp), T-rex(giant Indo), Bruce(medium strawberry), Autumn(medium blueberry), and Hor-Hay(medium blueberry).
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

Here all day long there are a few hermies scooting about in all the tanks. (except iso's) Sometimes the same hermies daily sometimes not.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Foxydiva3
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 27
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2

Post by Foxydiva3 »

I have a very large crabitat with a lot of crabs. So I see mine all they time. During feeding time they all come from everywhere snagging a treat and taking it off to eat. I will say that I do see less in the winter.They usually dig down and about ten or fifteen at a time will be up. Most of them are all up in the summer and all are very active.