FED UP! boardwalk shops lie!

Report on pet stores that are either doing a great or terrible job of looking after their hermit crabs on display.
Chermo
Megalopa
Megalopa
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 1

Re: FED UP! boardwalk shops lie!

Post by Chermo »

wizkidsmom wrote:Chermo, I think that father was looking for an easy way to feed the hermie. You tried your best.

As for those beach stands, they are gone in a flash. The next time you see one, you can stand there and tell the customers what is really needed. Or have a bunch of care sheets to hand to the customers and the sellers.
Even Petco, Petland, and Petsmart tell people the wrong thing.
He kept saying he was going to put fruit and veggies in there for the food so I figured he was because he left me with no food then they came back and was looking at the food again so I just let them. I told him all I could so it was up to him on his care of his daughters crab. I said what I had to say and he seemed really interested but I can't make anyone do what I say so it was up to him in the end. I am guessing that crab will die soon if it has not already.
Proud mommy of 2 beautiful daughters Kytana and Danica, 1 cat Princess and 1 dog Liebschen

Due to family issues my crabs have been adopted out to wizkidsmom (Cheryl), I know she will care for them like I did. Thanks Cheryl

RIP Orangy June 2009
erikleeson
Megalopa
Megalopa
Hermit crabs: 0

Post by erikleeson »

My petland keeps the hermies great, the humidity gauge reads 80% in there, temperature at 80. Eco Earth, Water, food (commercial), no painted shells. And plenty of hiding spots and plants. However it says on the tank that the crabs should be kept at 50% humidity 8|
ERIK LEESON

These are currently living in a better home...
Zeke+Finnigan+Wesker+Mendez+Xavi+Garth+Zoidberg+Gomez+Gilbert+Bobo+Luther
SEE THEM HERE

Need help? I'm on here lots so PM me for any questions you need answered!

Chermo
Megalopa
Megalopa

Post by Chermo »

erikleeson wrote:My petland keeps the hermies great, the humidity gauge reads 80% in there, temperature at 80. Eco Earth, Water, food (commercial), no painted shells. And plenty of hiding spots and plants. However it says on the tank that the crabs should be kept at 50% humidity 8|
Take a pen and change the sign when no one is looking from a 5 to an 8.
Proud mommy of 2 beautiful daughters Kytana and Danica, 1 cat Princess and 1 dog Liebschen

Due to family issues my crabs have been adopted out to wizkidsmom (Cheryl), I know she will care for them like I did. Thanks Cheryl

RIP Orangy June 2009
erikleeson
Megalopa
Megalopa

Post by erikleeson »

Lol, I should. I can take some care sheets and give them to the front desk.
ERIK LEESON

SEE THEM HERE

Chermo
Megalopa
Megalopa

Post by Chermo »

erikleeson wrote:Lol, I should. I can take some care sheets and give them to the front desk.
They probably would throw them away or not read them. I am sure they don't care. They do what they think is right and who are we besides customers that don't know anything. I was told I should get a job in petsmart with the fish and crabs. I know they go through a training period for that but I couldn't sit there and let them tell me all these wrong things about the crabs and let them tell me that is the way to do it and that is the way I have to do it on the job. I am actually looking for a night time job so maybe I will apply and go against what they teach me about the crabs.

RIP Orangy June 2009
erikleeson
Megalopa
Megalopa

Post by erikleeson »

I'm just a kid, but when I get to be 16, I'll look into getting a job at Petland :D
ERIK LEESON

SEE THEM HERE

Chermo
Megalopa
Megalopa

Post by Chermo »

Yes you should, when will you be 16 if you don't mind me asking?

RIP Orangy June 2009
erikleeson
Megalopa
Megalopa

Post by erikleeson »

3 years...... -.-
ERIK LEESON

SEE THEM HERE

Chermo
Megalopa
Megalopa

Post by Chermo »

erikleeson wrote:3 years...... -.-
That is good, it gives you 3 years to get to be an expert and you can teach the others about them by then and you can tell everyone who cares for them and you will be able to help out customers much better than if you were to start now. You should be able to start working as long as you have a ride to and from at the age of 15, I am not sure if you can work at a petstore though. I was working as a cashier at Sears at 15.

RIP Orangy June 2009
erikleeson
Megalopa
Megalopa

Post by erikleeson »

I've been a crabber for a month and pet store clerks don't know half of what I own, I couldn't work just crabs, I'd have to do fish or reptiles as well.
ERIK LEESON

SEE THEM HERE