Must check out this place! UNBELIEVABLE!

Report on pet stores that are either doing a great or terrible job of looking after their hermit crabs on display.
anniehorsekrab
Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 15
Total tanks: 2

Must check out this place! UNBELIEVABLE!

Post by anniehorsekrab »

Hi guys,

This isn't really a "Pet Store," but it's a store that's a WEBSITE, and sells things for hermit crabs and whatnot, so, I'm guessing it would go in the pet store category. Anyway, I was looking up hermit crab websites, and I clicked on a website titled "The Crab Island", and when I got there, I couldn't believe it! The only hermit crabs they sold were in hand painted shells. They even advertised, "All hermit crabs we sell come in hand painted shells." They also only sold painted shells as replacements too! Go read it for yourself if you haven't already. http://www.thecrabisland.com/category.p ... gory_id=26
I apologize sincerely if this has already been posted. I wonder if there is some way we can contact them? :(
~Annie

(and Mr. Krabs, Your Shyness, Scooter, Mr. Krabs Jr, Zipper, and Beechie of course!)
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Re: Must check out this place! UNBELIEVABLE!

Post by ladybug15057 »

Yes, in the left column there is a place that states "Contact Us", that is how one can contact them.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
anniehorsekrab
Zoea I
Zoea I

Post by anniehorsekrab »

Oh, yes, thank you Marie! I saw that and replied. Maybe lots of other crabbers should do the same, because if the people running the site see all of these comments about the same topic then they might realize their mistakes. :D
~Annie

(and Mr. Krabs, Your Shyness, Scooter, Mr. Krabs Jr, Zipper, and Beechie of course!)
emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita
Total gallons: 40

Post by emmac350 »

I wrote in. I was disgusted - if they don't force the crabs into the painted shells, then they must be painting the shells with the crabs in them, and that's just awful. Not to mention all of the harmful products they're selling...
Follow the daily lives of my crabs at thedailyhermit.tumblr.com

Mommy to:
Rack, 23 Sep 08; Benny, 23 Sep 08; Slightly, 3 Jan 09; Nibs, 3 Jan 09; Curly, 3 Jan 09; Spaz, 5 Jul 09

If you are contacted privately and enticed to join another forum, please inform a moderator. This is an unethical practice.
anniehorsekrab
Zoea I
Zoea I

Post by anniehorsekrab »

I know, exactly! And to think they have such beautiful Straws... :(
~Annie