Petland and Kyuubi's shell change

Report on pet stores that are either doing a great or terrible job of looking after their hermit crabs on display.
Ayume
Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 4
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 2

Petland and Kyuubi's shell change

Post by Ayume »

The largest of the three little crabs I purchased at Petland two days ago managed to astonish me within 3 hours of owning him. After watching, feeding and letting the three settle in to thir new 10 gal tank Kyuubi settled into a litte hiding spot (where I could luckily watch him) witha nice white and brown spotted shell and inspected it keenly.
Although the largest between Conch himself and my unnamed female he clearly was new at changing shells. After a few minutes of struggling he slid into he motherofpearl lined home and climbed into the substrait and fell asleep.
I've heard that hermits must be very comfortable to change shells, especially infront of me! But it just goes to show, maybe Petland doesn't offer nice shells for them in the 5 gal tank 15 of them shared.
Sterwick
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 4
Total gallons: 35
Total tanks: 2

Re: Petland and Kyuubi's shell change

Post by Sterwick »

Hello! Welcome to HCP! I'm sure the shell change was exciting.

'Petland doesn't offer nice shells for them in the 5 gal tank 15 of them shared.'

Indeed, it's such a shame we keep having to experience bad petstore conditions.... :(

Stevo.
My names stevo These are my hermies: mangon, enco, cocon, theforestgiant. RIP sheldon and tobasco, may you forgive the humans who were treating you in those appaling conditions in the petstore.