Want to report to SPCA!!

Report on pet stores that are either doing a great or terrible job of looking after their hermit crabs on display.
jules
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 49
Total tanks: 2

Want to report to SPCA!!

Post by jules »

I wrote in my journal abou the experience at this particular pet store.It is pretty bad.But we went because it's close.about a 30 minute drive.The other,the good one is about 50 minute drive from my place.Plus my sister drives for 45 minutes just to get here.Anyway it's horrid.Alot of thick dust on alot of boxes.Must be bad for the animals.Their respitory systems.And if you are allergic like me.There was a Sun Conure there,he had a few bald spots.No clean water.No way was there fresh fruits or veggies in his cage either.The reptiles were emaciated.One Iguana was so thin his skin was wrinkling or kind of falling I guess.I have seen alot of healthy pets for sale.These were not healthy!The first time I went,she had just opened.Her rice finches were really skinny.You could see ribs!I don't think she sold them all either.She had alot of birds.Stacks of cages.All gone!Not same birds.If I had enough space @ money I would take all the animals home.All I got was 2 hermits.I just hope it's not too late for them.I really would love for them to make it.At least they have a chance now.I get up a few times in the night to check on them.So far so good.I have not lost hermie yet.Wish us luck.Say a prayer for the babies everyone!
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Re: Want to report to SPCA!!

Post by Wai »

Do tell them off or report them if you have too. Getting their conditions fixed up is more beneficial to the animals long term than rescuing them all.
Wai
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

I agree with Wai. By taking all of them home only opens up room for them to bring more creatures into the same bad conditions. Sadly, we cannot save them all but need to try to make their conditions better.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
jules
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 49
Total tanks: 2

Post by jules »

Yes have thought long @ hard over this.After Thanksgiving I plan to report this place.Thanks you for your support.