Good PetSmart experience.

Report on pet stores that are either doing a great or terrible job of looking after their hermit crabs on display.
autumnfalls
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 3
Total gallons: 50
Total tanks: 2

Good PetSmart experience.

Post by autumnfalls »

I wandered into Pet Smart on the far end of the city yesterday to get a Christmas present for my cat. I wandered over to the crab section and was surprised to find that they had a large selection of crab items. They had a good quality dual hydrometer/thermometer with a sign saying "very important" and listing the recommended temperatures and humidity levels. :D Their tank was small but had salt and regular water as well as deep coconut earth! I was so surprised. I ended up buying a little guy from there. It was great to see that they had non-painted shells too.
Long haired Crab Enthusiast!
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Re: Good PetSmart experience.

Post by Wai »

I wish I'd find a pet store with a tank like that some day... :(
Wai
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Re: Good PetSmart experience.

Post by ladybug15057 »

Oh this PetSmart sounds good!! All too often cooperate gets complaints about their pet stores and the care of the pets. When I have the opportunity to see good conditions and items sold hermies need to survive I have a habit of writing cooperate anyway, which does throw them sometimes to get 'praise' regarding one of their stores. PetSmarts in my area when I do write ARE acknowledge for work well done and IMO this at times gives incentive to the managers/employees to continue to do so.
Have you considered writing to cooperate?
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.