Coquitlam Centre Kiosk

Report on pet stores that are either doing a great or terrible job of looking after their hermit crabs on display.
victor12
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 10
Total tanks: 1

Coquitlam Centre Kiosk

Post by victor12 »

A guy at my local mall sold some of them in 'colored' shells at a kiosk a few weeks ago. I feel sorry for the ones that got sold because they were given away in a small plastic box with a food dish and a water dish only and the customers were not told about the other necessities such as having a bigger glass galon tank instead of a 12 inch plastic one, a heat source, substrate, something to climb on, moulting, humidity and extra shells etc. Poor crabbies :(, they're all probably dead by now. I'm so glad I got mine from a local pet store that actually did all of the things mentioned above and did not overcrowd the tank with hundreds of crabs either and best of all, they weren't colored. Just thought about sharing, my 2 cents. Joined this website tonight. I want to give my crabs a better life.
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Re: Coquitlam Centre Kiosk

Post by Wai »

I wish all hermit crabs were as lucky as ours, but most do end up in the unfortunate circumstances you described. Welcome to HCP!
Wai