petco

Report on pet stores that are either doing a great or terrible job of looking after their hermit crabs on display.
Jaci
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by Jaci »

i keep looking in at the hermies at petco and i want to rescue them so bad bc they aren't taken care of like they should be. i want to buy them all and write a letter to someone preventing big chains that no nothing about hermies from selling them, know what i mean? it's horrible!
*** Lemi *** Bebe *** Wendy *** Ike *** Craig *** Aries*** Zeus ***

RIP:
Token 1/8/06 * Butters 1/31/06 * Tweek 3/16/06 * Shelley 4/14/06 * Timmy 8/5/06 * Athena 11/6/06 * Jimmy 1/22/08 * Apollo 2/4/08
hermiesrokmysox
Megalopa
Megalopa
Hermit crabs: 7

Post by hermiesrokmysox »

try talking to them face-to-face. or calling the manger, writing a letter works too. i feel your pain, it's really annoying to see the crabs suffer.
♥Hollywood♥LittleRed♥Qwerty♥Peanut♥Sprite♥Pip♥Paisly
http://hermielog2008.blogspot.com/
hey, im back. :)
Jaci
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by Jaci »

the fact that the employees get only like a few days to learn about each type of animal is insane. if i werent' allergic to every other kind of animal i would so work there in the reptile/fish section just for the hermit crabs! lol
*** Lemi *** Bebe *** Wendy *** Ike *** Craig *** Aries*** Zeus ***

RIP:
Token 1/8/06 * Butters 1/31/06 * Tweek 3/16/06 * Shelley 4/14/06 * Timmy 8/5/06 * Athena 11/6/06 * Jimmy 1/22/08 * Apollo 2/4/08
vergil397
Zygote
Zygote

oh

Post by vergil397 »

my pet co is pretty good because they have crabs and i havn't seen one crab with body parts gone and they love to climb some of them are as big as my fist or bigger they really must know about crabs because there is only like two really old crabs dead
crabrocks2
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 4
Total tanks: 3

Why the crabs

Post by crabrocks2 »

i went to petco in memphis tennesee and every animal in that store had a perfect aquariumto live in until bought except the hermit crabs. the hermies had no water in pool, the subtrate was potting soil the log that they climbed on had a wierd fungus at the bottom, and the food was molded, heck! it wasn't hermie food! It was crappy bird food. that was almost concidered a torture chamber for hermit crabs in my mind . when i bought homer in that same store,THEY OFFERED TO PUT HIM IN A CARDBOARD BOX! whoever does the care 4 the hermies must be perrty dumb >[
proud owner of my cool hermies shelder and homer
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Re: petco

Post by Wai »

Cardboard boxes are okay... some pet stores just give their customers a paper bag to carry their newly purchased hermit crabs.
Wai
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

With the cardboard box the pet store gives just keep an eye on it every couple minutes. There have been a couple crabbers that by the time they got home the hermies tore a hole in the thin box and were somewhere in the car. Some pet stores have also put them in a plastic bag, much like a gold fish or such just minus the water.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
ZuZu
Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 5
Total gallons: 29
Total tanks: 1

Post by ZuZu »

gold-fish bags for hermies... are you serious?! the pet store I go to has the sense of using these clear plastic containers (a bit like tupperware) with holes in the top for the crabs with food and sand but fish bags...
I love my five hermies:
Bumper, the socialite leader
Sticky, The Devourer
Shy Guy, Name says all.
Rose, hyper, never sleeps
Sharky, micro version of ShyGuy
Celebrating 5 years of Crabisism XD
crabrocks2
Zygote
Zygote
Total gallons: 4
Total tanks: 3

Post by crabrocks2 »

people at pet stores can be very retarted indeed, i spoke to a man telling a hermie was suffering of pps ordead in cage but al he did was toss him to a place in a cage like whatever must be stupid that boy
proud owner of my cool hermies shelder and homer
hermitcrabs :)
Zygote
Zygote
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 2

Post by hermitcrabs :) »

thats what happend to me last night i had 2 hermies and one died a couple of days ago so i went to petco and the guy there was like can i help you and hes like ya what do you need and im like can you pleade move that plant right there so i can see the other ones back there so he did and there wasnt anythere and hes like oh this is the last one i guess and hes l;ike do you have your tank set up for him and im like ya and i asked if the little guy was active and hes like i dont like hermit crabs i hate them! and i took the hermie and left