New here

For off-topic chat. Please introduce yourself here.
None505
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 0
Total gallons: 0
Total tanks: 0

New here

Post by None505 »

I joined here because I would really love to get Hermit Crabs when I have the room and money for them and just want to learn everything I can about them before hand. I had a Hermit Crab as a kid but I got it from a mall kiosk with a little kk, a thin layer of sand, a couple of shells to put food and water in and a little tub of crab food :( . I want to do everything right this time so my next crabs can live good lifes.
emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 2

Re: New here

Post by emmac350 »

Welcome! Take time and read through the crab care section and the forums - there's a TON of good information for you to look through before you get your new pets! I'm so glad that you're taking the time to learn before you get them!
Follow the daily lives of my crabs at thedailyhermit.tumblr.com

Mommy to:
Rack, 23 Sep 08; Benny, 23 Sep 08; Slightly, 3 Jan 09; Nibs, 3 Jan 09; Curly, 3 Jan 09; Spaz, 5 Jul 09

If you are contacted privately and enticed to join another forum, please inform a moderator. This is an unethical practice.
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2

Post by aussieJJDude »

Welcome, you love it here! :)
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.
Fuzzy Bear
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 4
Total gallons: 30
Total tanks: 1

Post by Fuzzy Bear »

im also new here and i just registered yesterday! but i dont know how to talk in the mini chat/shout out box? im a complete newb. can someone help me please?
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Post by Wai »

Hi Fuzzy Bear, once you have made four posts on the forums you should be able to use the shout box. It's just a measure to ensure care-related questions are posted on the forums rather than in the shout box.
Wai