Trying to start a hermit crab store - here's my new site!

For off-topic chat. Please introduce yourself here.
Mindibun
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 9
Total gallons: 55
Total tanks: 1

Trying to start a hermit crab store - here's my new site!

Post by Mindibun »

Hey everyone -

I have owned hermit crabs since I was roughly 10 years old (20 years ago!) and I have recently been trying to open a store devoted to hermit crabs and other small, exotic animals. The store also has a blog attached, and I just published a post regarding the plight of pet store hermit crabs, which I have honestly been trying to promote more than the store. I would really love it if everyone could take a look.

I currently have hermit crab shells for sale at very reasonable prices - just $1 - $2 each - as well as one variety of homemade and super healthy hermit crab food, which my Ecuadorian crab has really enjoyed. I plan to add more food varieties for sale and am stock-piling organic ingredients, but don't want to start blending anything until I'm sure people will be buying. I also have homemade hammocks with suction cups that I will be posting - and can be made to order! - but haven't listed them yet. I think I will also be opening an Etsy store, but for now, I'd really just like feedback on my personal site.

I really want to spread the word about hermit crabs, and I've spent several hundred dollars bulking up on products for this site, so I don't want that to go to waste. Please take a look and let me know what you think. If you have critiques or criticism, I'd truly love to hear them, just please be gentle since this is my first website!

www dot everlongexotics dot com

Thank you so much!
RebsCritters
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 5
Total gallons: 292
Total tanks: 9

Re: Trying to start a hermit crab store - here's my new site

Post by RebsCritters »

I took a look at your site and have some ideas for you. It would help me to give you more specific feedback if you could tell me what the focus of your site is.
Will you strictly be offering supplies (and very clearly education and awareness) to pet owners, or do you intend to sell live animals at some point as well? It's a little ambiguous on the site at the moment.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Re: Trying to start a hermit crab store - here's my new site

Post by ladybug15057 »

Good question RebsCritters! Seems the information is solely from experience, or was some of the information researched as well? And if researched, the links to where the information was gathered from to give credit?
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.