Solenn's molt

For off-topic chat. Please introduce yourself here.
Carrie
Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 5
Total gallons: 30
Total tanks: 1

Solenn's molt

Post by Carrie »

My little Solenn came up from her molt and she's visibly grown! I've got pics of her from before and she's definitely bigger. Someday she'll HAVE to outgrow her painted shell--she's the last crab to be wearing one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carrie
Dedicated to those who have gone before.
emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 2

Re: Solenn's molt

Post by emmac350 »

Congrats! How long have you had Solenn? Good luck on her moving out of that shell, ugh.
Follow the daily lives of my crabs at thedailyhermit.tumblr.com

Mommy to:
Rack, 23 Sep 08; Benny, 23 Sep 08; Slightly, 3 Jan 09; Nibs, 3 Jan 09; Curly, 3 Jan 09; Spaz, 5 Jul 09

If you are contacted privately and enticed to join another forum, please inform a moderator. This is an unethical practice.
Carrie
Zoea I
Zoea I

Post by Carrie »

I got her 8/26/14. Most of these guys are new. Camille is from 8/11/09. This is Solenn's second molt here. She came up from one and was up for what seemed like only a few weeks and then went back under. No wonder--she's grown so much. If you put the pic of her after her last molt next to the new pic, she's really visibly bigger. And why would anybody paint a shell s^^t brown? I can't wait until she moves out of it. They were all in painted shells originally. She's in a babylonia, tho, and the others' shells were flimsier.
Carrie
Carrie
Zoea I
Zoea I

Post by Carrie »

Emma, if you want to read about when I got everybody, I've updated my journal. It's called Carrie's Crab Geneology. I may change the name b/c I can't spell "geneology" lol. I had the same crabs for about 6 years and I know the tank conditions deteriorated when I was sick for so long and they passed on (the absolute worst thing was when I used CalciSand--read about it online, to use it)... I even tried to give them to my parents to take care of them, but they wouldn't do it. Now that I'm better... I decided to go ahead and buy new crabs b/c I want them to live for years, too, like my others did before them. Camille is my survivor--she's from 8/11/09. And there was Arwen Kali Crab, who was from 8/19/04, who died 1/5/13--I miss her so much. Her grave is a shrine to her and every crab I've had. Nobody ever figured out what the illness was--it was like having a stroke--a series of migraines that ran constantly for 2 years. The drs did find a med that works on it so I don't think I will ever get that sick again. I weighed the options very carefully about getting the new crabs. And that's the story of how I got out of "crabbing" and am now coming back...
Carrie
Carrie
Zoea I
Zoea I

Post by Carrie »

Now the journal is called "Carrie's Hermit Crab Sanctuary." I like it better. :)
Carrie
emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 2

Post by emmac350 »

Sounds like a much better name. Good luck with your med, hopefully it continues to work!
Follow the daily lives of my crabs at thedailyhermit.tumblr.com

Mommy to:
Rack, 23 Sep 08; Benny, 23 Sep 08; Slightly, 3 Jan 09; Nibs, 3 Jan 09; Curly, 3 Jan 09; Spaz, 5 Jul 09

If you are contacted privately and enticed to join another forum, please inform a moderator. This is an unethical practice.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

Welcome back to crabbing Carrie, and hope you continue to feel better!
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.