How Bad Does A Pinch hurt??

Ask any hermit crab care questions in the appropriate section.
Allyson-xxo
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 3

How Bad Does A Pinch hurt??

Post by Allyson-xxo »

On A scale of one to ten how bad does a pich by a regular sized hermit carb hurt?
Allyson-xox<3

Crush
Tikito
Gunther
cootiesami
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 26

Re: How Bad Does A Pinch hurt??

Post by cootiesami »

I think it really depends on the size of your crabs an where they pinch you! I have been pinched by both my jumbo which made me bleed but i actually find when my small crabs pinch me it hurts more necause they grab the smallest peice of skin it hurts alot more! But hey I havent been pinched for a very long time!
iluvhermies
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 46

Post by iluvhermies »

I agree it deoends on alot of things. I have only ever been pinched once and it was a large hermie. It got me right on the skin between the thumb and pointing finger. It hurt but not all that badly. No blood. It depends on your pain tolerance level too.
Big Daddy*Speedy*Doc*Spot*Sandy*Spongebob*Kolasas*Mrs. Puff*Larry*Gary*Joy*Liberty*Troy*Gabrielle*Ryan*Chelsea
Eddie*Maddie*London*Irwin*Miley*Oliver*Marianna*Dalton*
Chevin*Peeping Tom*April*Hannah*Peanut*Brandon*Brandi*
Autumn*Peyton*Zac*Corbin*Lilly*Rico*Queenie*Princess*Prince
Bruce*Cheese*Sharpay*Elmo*Chris
Jaci
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by Jaci »

i was pinched by my jumbo, on my palm between my middle and ring fingers. it hurt, but that little claw is sharp, that one drew blood. i just flattened my hand so he didn't have much skin to pinch and after an agonizing 20 seconds, he let go. i had a few of my mediums pinch me but they didn't hold on like apollo did. when they pinched me, it was only for a few seconds.
*** Lemi *** Bebe *** Wendy *** Ike *** Craig *** Aries*** Zeus ***

RIP:
Token 1/8/06 * Butters 1/31/06 * Tweek 3/16/06 * Shelley 4/14/06 * Timmy 8/5/06 * Athena 11/6/06 * Jimmy 1/22/08 * Apollo 2/4/08
Gwynne
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 3

Post by Gwynne »

I woke Bruiser up a week ago, and boy was he mad! Didn't break the skin, but it definately bled under the skin, and the tip of my finger was numb for a couple of days :) I learnt my lesson ... no disturbing Bruiser's beauty sleep XD
HermieLove19
Megalopa
Megalopa
Hermit crabs: 19
Total gallons: 70
Total tanks: 2

Post by HermieLove19 »

thats how i got my first pinch. I woke up Eugene while he was taking a nap and he didn't like it very much.
Kerri :)
Fozzy+Bloo+George+Richard+Tabitha+Mr.Krabz+Sandy+Eugene+Tigery
Gumby+Philip+Nameless+Breuer+KVD+Sonya+Patchie+Patrick+2 adopted hermies

Rufus Shawn