I need IMPORTANT information on molting.

Questions about hermit crabs moulting and its symptoms.
BlackBow
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 0
Total gallons: 0
Total tanks: 0

I need IMPORTANT information on molting.

Post by BlackBow »

Hello. I'm new here. I had 3 hermit crabs in my life. All of them died too soon. My first one was so close to me. I named him Humphrey and I was devastated when he passed. My second one had no big claw when I bought him and he died after a month or so. My last one was a small one named Zoidberg (think Futurama ;) ) I loved him so much. He was so cute. He died and was out of his shell when he did. All my crabs I ever had died quickly. I figured it was my fault. I took care of them but they always died during molting. I felt so guilty for it so I promised I would never buy a hermit crab again if they will just die because of me. They don't deserve to suffer. That was 3 years ago. How ever in school we had to write a paragraph about a topic. I chose hermit crabs and it lit an old spark for them. I remember I had a dream to start a small hermit crab selling business. I decided to get more hermit crabs! :D But this time I need to understand and know everything I can about molting this time so these ones will successfully molt. So tell me everything you can about it. Or any tips in general about hermit crabs :D

Thanks in advance
-B.B.
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Re: I need IMPORTANT information on molting.

Post by Wai »

Welcome to the forum. Please read through and abide by the General Rules and Guidelines before you ask any further questions. We are happy to answer specific questions, but please understand that the staff don't have time to write out the same essays each time someone asks us for a 'general' introduction to hermit crabs. Our answers to general information is in the Crab Care section. Some specific questions have also been answered many times before, so use the search box on the top right hand corner of this forum. I understand that you are new to the forum, but please keep what I have said in mind in the future. Enjoy your stay! :)
Wai