Interesting food hermies go CHIRP for!!

Questions about food and water.
pookie_spike09
Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 3
Total gallons: 0
Total tanks: 0

Re: Interesting food hermies go CHIRP for!!

Post by pookie_spike09 »

what does debunked mean?? :|
i love crabbys-mooseloveher
RIP pookie RIP spike RIP leonardo
catch me on my email- liz_pink97@yahoo.com
emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 2

Post by emmac350 »

Debunk:

to expose or excoriate (a claim, assertion, sentiment, etc.) as being pretentious, false, or exaggerated: to debunk advertising slogans.

Thanks to http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/debunk
Follow the daily lives of my crabs at thedailyhermit.tumblr.com

Mommy to:
Rack, 23 Sep 08; Benny, 23 Sep 08; Slightly, 3 Jan 09; Nibs, 3 Jan 09; Curly, 3 Jan 09; Spaz, 5 Jul 09

If you are contacted privately and enticed to join another forum, please inform a moderator. This is an unethical practice.
hermies4life
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 5
Total gallons: 45

Post by hermies4life »

I feed mine wat we are having for dinner really lol.
i read somewhere that grass is safe for hermies to eat???
i think that that is a cool little fact and i might try it out one day lol./and in the post about cheese,i might try a bit of that. Like as a once or twice yearly treat! or a holiday treat lol. i wonder if anyone can make a hermit crab pasta sald. Like have pasta and put hermit safe food in it lol
"She's Country From Her Cowboy Boots To Her Down Home Roots" -Jason Aldean

3 Hermies! Funk,Hudini,and Munster!
emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 40

Post by emmac350 »

I've kind of made that before with organic noodles and just whatever I felt like, I think I put mushrooms, some olive oil, and dried tomato. They really didn't go for it too much aside from the noodle, which is pretty much one of their favorite foods ever.
Follow the daily lives of my crabs at thedailyhermit.tumblr.com

Mommy to:
Rack, 23 Sep 08; Benny, 23 Sep 08; Slightly, 3 Jan 09; Nibs, 3 Jan 09; Curly, 3 Jan 09; Spaz, 5 Jul 09

If you are contacted privately and enticed to join another forum, please inform a moderator. This is an unethical practice.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

Not sure who added it, but seems the EH safe food list has been copied and pasted here?:

http://www.rightpet.com/ForumDetails/hermit-crabs/97/7
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
babesbarn
Zoea III
Zoea III
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 1

Questions on this list

Post by babesbarn »

Holy molie, I never thought of some of the stuff that is posted here for food. I left out some egg shell that was gone the next morning. Also left out some shaved organic carrots. They die not leave one piece there. Gone in the morning. They make me giggle and probably can't wait to hear the total quiet of the night and darkness for their opportunity to explore the neighborhood I prepared for them. I tried some salmon the other day but was afraid to leave it out all night in the seashell. But next time I will. Re" tuna, is water or oil best for them? :S
MomofFive
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 15
Total gallons: 85
Total tanks: 3

Post by MomofFive »

I tried Apples... and they seemed untouched.
I tried Pears... and they seemed untouched.
Picked up an Pearapple (a.k. Oriental Pear or Nashi) two days ago from the organic fruit section at the store down the street...
nothing left this morning 8|

Maybe its just our Crabs, but it looks like they like dried fruit better than fresh fruit!
They will nibble on fresh banana and strawberries, but dried banana and strawberries get dragged into hides and are almost gone every morning. It is the same with peach, cranberries and blueberries!
15 Purple Pinchers, 1 Doberman Pincher (female), 1 Albino California King Snake, 1 Boa Constrictor Imperator and 6 Homo Sapiens (1 adult male called Hubby (33) and 5 of his offspring (3 males and 2 females)

Gizaroo
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 19
Total tanks: 4

Post by Gizaroo »

Mine seem to like dried fruit better as well!! Unless it's cantelope...they devoured that!
"My chief concern is to try to be an humble, earnest Christian."- Robert E. Lee

"If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag."-author unknown

Owned by 2 Belgian malinois, 1 mixed breed, 3 parrots, 3 bettas and 6 hermies: Blu, Skip, Theo, Scuttles, Spudnut, and 3 new E's. Rip Blaze,Luka, and Banjo.
babesbarn
Zoea III
Zoea III
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 1

Wait a moment ....what if

Post by babesbarn »

Wait a minute...when you say "never give hermies food from a can" are you referring also to things that came from a can like green beans or corn? I gave my hermies some green beans that were cooked and they came from a can and so far they seem ok. Perhaps you are talking about directly serving from a can? Cause cat food and stuff that I read others give their hermies, might be coming from a can too. Please explain.. (?)
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

There was a discussion here about canned foods, and jedi provided links too:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2243&p=18112&hilit ... ood#p18112

But the one link has expired (maybe if one joins it can still be viewed?) But doing a search on Canned food toxins does bring up a few links:

search results
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.