Ginger
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 11
Total gallons: 60
Total tanks: 3

Re: Desperate heating help needed!!!!!!

Post by Ginger »

This adds on to emmacs post, but I strongly suggest you do not put the CHEZ on the glass. I have a 50 watt, I asked the reptile 'expert' at the store (which was fairly reputable) about the glass, he said it would be fine, but that night my lid cracked into three on my 10g.
StarJohn
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 32
Total tanks: 2

Post by StarJohn »

Ok thanks Ginger. How do you have your CHE set up now with the tank lid etc? There is a mixup with my delivery and I'm not going to receive mine until Friday now so I am still in damage control here with my tank wrapped in Styrofoam and foil
Ginger
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 11
Total gallons: 60
Total tanks: 3

Post by Ginger »

All good. I went to a scrap yard and bought an entire mesh door for $10 (without the edging, just the woven mesh) the kind that are on current day screen sliding doors, gave it a scrub and used a dropsaw to cut it to size. Then went to a custom glass cutting place and spent $12 on three seperate pieces of glass that fit well over the lid, both to control humidity to different levels and to allow space for my heat lamp (actually has a moon-glo heat bulb, sorry about the mixup, but similar to a CHE.)