Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2

Re: Cadet unexpected probable moult

Post by aussieJJDude »

appps wrote:Are you that seller Aussie?
No, however I wish I was! XD My crabs would have the best shells ever and what more, I have a tonne to choose from - not to mention, imagine my stockpile. #D
Ginger wrote:Thanks very much Aussie, I will take a look :)
Here are some pics of cadet, he is VERY active, much better than he was since that was his first moult after being in the petstore. I'm sorry about the bad quality, but he would not stay STILL! Also, have you bought from this person before?
Thats ok, I really recommend the seller, my shells came without problems - and rather quickly too - and the package was secure.
However, i loving those crab pics. It looks like Cadet is a big boy, i wouldn't mind taking him off your hands.
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

aussieJJDude wrote:When moulting, crabs don't dig around. They normally stay in one place to reserve their energy.
They do become weaker the closer they get to molting. But also when they are in premolt the closer they get to molting their new exo has separated from the old exo for easier removal and doesn't have the 'muscle tone' to move much.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Ginger
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 11
Total gallons: 60
Total tanks: 3

Post by Ginger »

Thanks for the info ladybug, it's a good point they seperate the exos, they would probably be thankful to shove it off after so long!

Thanks for sharing your experience with the seller to me Aussie, they look like a private, so I will be more cautious, however I will try to give it a go. Yes, Cadet is big, and I think I will keep him a while longer :D