Why I like using this site

Queries and feedback on how this site is run. No care questions.
erikleeson
Megalopa
Megalopa
Hermit crabs: 0

Why I like using this site

Post by erikleeson »

I love crabbing, and its easy to see that everyone else here does too! The people are friendly, I feel I can ask anything i want, and get the right answer. The forum experience bar thing is a great idea, I can see to trust "Coenobita" more than "Ovum" as its clearly shown that Coenobita has been with the sight for a while. Good choice!

I love this site, mainly for the forum. However I recently discovered your tools section, Because of you, I recently discovered that my tank is 25 gallons!

I whole heartedly agree that this site needs more active members. Its nice to know your talking with experts, but for emergency questions that are life or death, it'd be nice to get instant results.

This site is so good, I feel the need to take my hermit crabs and show them that people care for them. That sounds weird but I think so.

I love the organization and overall layout. And with all the smilies and text options to choose from, it really makes the site look professional. Take that landhermitcrabs.com!

I learn what I need here, thanks to many people that are on HCP, my crabs will have a much better life!

Hermit Crab Paradise, this site is definitely one for the bookmarks. :P
Last edited by erikleeson on 06 Oct 2008, 23:43, edited 1 time in total.
ERIK LEESON

These are currently living in a better home...
Zeke+Finnigan+Wesker+Mendez+Xavi+Garth+Zoidberg+Gomez+Gilbert+Bobo+Luther
SEE THEM HERE

Need help? I'm on here lots so PM me for any questions you need answered!

HermieLove19
Megalopa
Megalopa
Hermit crabs: 19
Total gallons: 70
Total tanks: 2

Re: This place is heaven!

Post by HermieLove19 »

I feel the same way you do about the site. I really don't remember how I found the site, I think I googled hermit crabs and found it.But I'm so glad that I did find it. Because of HCP my crabs are very spoiled! I threw away the commercial food and never went back. I learned about mites, nutrition, the right temp and humidity and my crabs have never been happier! I also love the atmosphere. I love that people from different countries can come on here and talk about hermies. It's so much fun! I don't know what I'd do without hcp!
Kerri :)
Fozzy+Bloo+George+Richard+Tabitha+Mr.Krabz+Sandy+Eugene+Tigery
Gumby+Philip+Nameless+Breuer+KVD+Sonya+Patchie+Patrick+2 adopted hermies

Rufus Shawn
erikleeson
Megalopa
Megalopa

Post by erikleeson »

I know! I love this place! When I came here, I was already a good crab parent. However my molting Xavi my never live if I didn't find HCP, Xavi's going through his first molt right now and hopefully HCP's advice is right :D
ERIK LEESON

SEE THEM HERE

Chermo
Megalopa
Megalopa
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 1

Post by Chermo »

erikleeson wrote:I know! I love this place! When I came here, I was already a good crab parent. However my molting Xavi my never live if I didn't find HCP, Xavi's going through his first molt right now and hopefully HCP's advice is right :D
I have had 2 molts already and the advice from this site helped me to know what was going on and not to dig them up. I love this place even better than the other forums I am a member of.
Proud mommy of 2 beautiful daughters Kytana and Danica, 1 cat Princess and 1 dog Liebschen

Due to family issues my crabs have been adopted out to wizkidsmom (Cheryl), I know she will care for them like I did. Thanks Cheryl

RIP Orangy June 2009
erikleeson
Megalopa
Megalopa

Post by erikleeson »

I am a member of landhermitcrabs.com the oldest hermit crab forum on the web
I'm gonna abandon that site. This is the real deal.

Isn't it funny how we're talking on like, 4 topics at the same time 8|

its nice to keep talking to people I learned so much today, and tomorrows a new day :D
ERIK LEESON

SEE THEM HERE

Chermo
Megalopa
Megalopa

Post by Chermo »

I am a member of that one too. I also am a member of hermitcrabsrus.com I still like this one better.
Proud mommy of 2 beautiful daughters Kytana and Danica, 1 cat Princess and 1 dog Liebschen

Due to family issues my crabs have been adopted out to wizkidsmom (Cheryl), I know she will care for them like I did. Thanks Cheryl

RIP Orangy June 2009
erikleeson
Megalopa
Megalopa

Post by erikleeson »

I looked into going on HCRU but it looked weird....This ones the best. However I do wanna look at HCRU's store...but they are "molting" :(
ERIK LEESON

SEE THEM HERE

Chermo
Megalopa
Megalopa

Post by Chermo »

You can buy anything you want and put it in there when they come up, now is the best time to buy the stuff you want so that you won't have to wait and they come up to a great new tank.

RIP Orangy June 2009
erikleeson
Megalopa
Megalopa

Post by erikleeson »

you mean for molting crabs?
ERIK LEESON

SEE THEM HERE

Chermo
Megalopa
Megalopa

Post by Chermo »

I knew where mine were so I was able to buy and arrange my tank while they were under, so they came up to something different before they went down. I was saying buy all the stuff while they are down and keep it and once they come up you can redo the tank without having to wait for the stuff to ship and arrive to arrange it. As I did arrange the items in the tank I didn't move any sand around. After they came up I re did the sand hill (slope).

RIP Orangy June 2009