Re-design of the HCP website

Queries and feedback on how this site is run. No care questions.
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Re-design of the HCP website

Post by Wai »

The Hermit Crab Paradise website will be re-designed in a few weeks. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! Don't like the colours? Text difficult to read? Don't be afraid to tell me.
Wai
bennynlewie
Zoea I
Zoea I

Post by bennynlewie »

i think you should add more colors and have pictures of hermits on the backround or something fun like that
Wai
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Wai »

Ok, I've made a start! Here's a sneak preview of the Species page: http://www.hermit-crab-paradise.htmlpla ... ecies.html. Ignore the content, that will be completely changed. It's just there to 'fill the space'. I have not worked on the content of any page, and that will be done when I have more time. I wrote the entire page out of HTML myself and made my own images. Took a whole lot of work!

You'll notice there's a blank column on the left. That is where the new buttons will go.

I am also going to split some of the pages up. Species and Selection has been split into "Species", and one for "Selecting". The new pages will be:

Home
About Us
Anatomy
Basics
Bathing
Catalogue
Contacts
Diseases
FAQ
Forum
Fun Facts
Glossary
Guestbook
Housing
Links
Lost Limbs
Molting
Nutrition
Selecting
Shells
Species
Supplies
Surveys
Toys
What’s New

And you'll notice that "About Me" has been changed to "About Us"! If you wish to put up your autobiography, please tell me.

I need an image of the anatomy of a hermit crab. If someone has one, please tell me.
Wai
Wai
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Wai »

I have decided to change the Hermit Crab Paradise website host. I am not too happy with FreeServers, and ayianna found me a very good web host; Atspace. I have signed up already. The old site still works, but if you want to link to HCP, link it to http://hermitcrabparadise.atspace.com.

You will also that I have added the new buttons!

Thanks!
Wai
strawbearedlyte
Zygote
Zygote

beautimous!

Post by strawbearedlyte »

i think it looks beautiful and wanted to let you know that your website has probably saved my crab. When i bought it from the shop they gave it to me in this tiny little cage and gave me some commercial food some sand, a sponge and toy pal trees and said "Just re-wet the sponge everyday and clean out the tank ever 2-3 weeks" i'm so glad that i decided to research what gender mine was or i wouldn't have ever stumbled over you site. When do you plan on being finished? If you need any help with the site please let me know i design websites and would be happy to make you anything you need (i do mass amounts of graphic designs)
Wai
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Wai »

AHA! We have a web designer! :)

I will probably get most of the site finished on the school holidays. If anyone has some suggestions or ideas, please let me know. It used to be my site, but it's now our site!
Wai
strawbearedlyte
Zygote
Zygote

just IM me on YIM my screenname is npeterson1988

I would be happy to help :) i notice you aren't on right now but next time your on i'll IM you...does this mean you want some help cuz i have an example of my work

http://www.freewebs.com/inthesilencerpg

thats my rpg site!
Wai
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Wai »

Most importantly, the HCP site doesn't have any ads :D.

I love your avatar!
Wai
strawbearedlyte
Zygote
Zygote

thanks its one of the crabs my brother and i have. The Biggest one
Wai
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Wai »

The site is currently going through some strict changes, so if you visit the site, don't be worried if some links don't work. The addresses of some pages have also changed, so I'd recommend you just visit the site form the Home page.

I have also changed the menu! Don't click on the buttons, but just mouse-over them. You'll see what new ideas I've come up with!
Wai