How To Upload Images To Your Posts

Queries and feedback on how this site is run. No care questions.
erikleeson
Megalopa
Megalopa
Hermit crabs: 0

How To Upload Images To Your Posts

Post by erikleeson »

I have been recently witnessing many users, especially newcomers with the same old question.
"How do I upload images to my posts?"
"How did you get your image to appear like that?"

Many people neglect the FAQ page which clearly answers that question:
Can I add images to my posts?
"Yes, images can be shown in your posts. If the administrator has allowed attachments, you may be able to upload the image to the board. Otherwise, you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.example.com/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor images stored behind authentication mechanisms, e.g. hotmail or yahoo mailboxes, password protected sites, etc. To display the image use the BBCode Image
Once your image(s) is/are on a folder you can then proceed to the next step.

2] The next step is to go to a public image sharing website. Photobucket usually does nicely and will be the website discussed on this thread, however you can use other image sharing web sites like Image Shack

This is what the photobucket home page looks like. If you haven't already, create an account.

3] Once you have your account, create an album. Simply select the option on your profile page.

Yours should look like this minus the images if you are a new user.

4] Near the top of the screen will be a little white box, click the button "Choose Files" (You can't miss it) and select the image(s) from your folder back from step one.

5] Now wait for the images to upload until you get a message like this and the option to fill out the title, description etc...

6] Add title, description and tags if desired. Then, click Save and Continue

7] Once your image has automatically been added to your album after completing the last step, your image will have various "codes" listed under the image.

Copy the IMG code

8] Go to the HCP and paste the code to wherever you like on your new post, it will be exactly where the code has been pasted. Typically the size of the image is not annoyingly large or small. To put it in perspective, the images seen on this post where applied with the directions taught.

And thats it! Its really that easy! Eight simple steps to get those images you love on to your post. I hope this thread has proved good use to all of you and I hope it does overall good to the forum. :D
ERIK LEESON

These are currently living in a better home...
Zeke+Finnigan+Wesker+Mendez+Xavi+Garth+Zoidberg+Gomez+Gilbert+Bobo+Luther
SEE THEM HERE

Need help? I'm on here lots so PM me for any questions you need answered!

ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Re: How To Upload Images To Your Posts

Post by ladybug15057 »

As I explained in a reply I had done last night, photobucket does have a tag for putting pictures onto a forum/bulletin board that resizes the photo accordingly. If one uses the IMG tag on the thumbnail photo, the picture will appear small. To get a better easy to view photo, click onto the thumbnail to enlarge the photo. To the right of that photo a box will appear with all the tags within it. Use the last one that is IMG Code "Forums & Bulletin boards".
Paste that code in the forum, change the cap IMG to the smaller case img.
One can upload from their computer as well. After hitting "Post reply" scroll down and the options "Options" and "Upload attachment" are there. Click onto "Upload attachement"
There one will not within the boxed area:
"Filename" and next to it "Browse". Click the "Browse" box and go to where the photo is you want to share. Click it and down to the right of that box click 'open'. This will place that location in the "Filename" box, add comment if you'd like and hit "Add file" and the picture with your comment will show.
Or one can type in the message box for reply, and then add the file.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
erikleeson
Megalopa
Megalopa

Post by erikleeson »

Of course but one can agree that the automatic IMG code is already set to a tolerable size, but I think it also has to do with what kind of image is being used. The ones here are screen shots from my PC using a screen recorder, my video editing software renders them as JPEG. Photobucket always deals with JPEGS so they know what they are doing as far as size goes, but some cameras set the image to be uploaded as quite large, but anyways you can simply edit the size of the image in photobucket and re-upload it so editing the code itself is usually not necessary.
ERIK LEESON

SEE THEM HERE

ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by ladybug15057 »

I am going to test something here. Another forum I am one of the admins of the capped IMG code for photobucket does NOT work. So for the photo to show one must change the capped IMG to the lower case img.

test for caps:

test for smaller case img:

Changing the capped IMG to lower case img has nothing to do with resizing the photo's, only as to whether the picture shows.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by ladybug15057 »

ok, so here on HCP either or small case or large capped IMG work. No need to change the img tag.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

erikleeson
Megalopa
Megalopa

Post by erikleeson »

Sorry, I thought you where referring to resizing images.
ERIK LEESON

SEE THEM HERE

erikleeson
Megalopa
Megalopa

Post by erikleeson »

Oh and nice Straw! How old is he/she?
ERIK LEESON

SEE THEM HERE

ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by ladybug15057 »

Thank you, and I dunno about Tinkers age. Trying to count his rings on his antenna, I come up with roughly 78 rings, which means he has molted about 78 times. (each ring signifies a molt, not age in years) But with his size, as well as the rings on his antenna I would venture to say he is quite old compared to most. I have had him now for 4 years.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

erikleeson
Megalopa
Megalopa

Post by erikleeson »

I hear Jumbos are at least 20 years old.
ERIK LEESON

SEE THEM HERE

erikleeson
Megalopa
Megalopa

Post by erikleeson »

Is Tinker in a turbo petholatus (hope I spell that right) shell?

I love these shells, but I can never find them...
ERIK LEESON

SEE THEM HERE