Picture uploading assistance

Queries and feedback on how this site is run. No care questions.
rjp_1986
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 3
Total gallons: 10
Total tanks: 1

Picture uploading assistance

Post by rjp_1986 »

I view this site on my phone. Does anyone know how to put pictures from my phone to this site? Is it even possible?
CrabbyJo
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 7
Total gallons: 85
Total tanks: 4

Re: Picture uploading assistance

Post by CrabbyJo »

rjp_1986, I don't know about uploading to the site here, but I just upload to photobucket and link my pics. It seems much easier to me. :)
6 hermit crabs - 3 PPs and 3 Equadorians
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please feel free to share information from this website, but please be sure to give credit and a link back to the information. Failure to give credit is plagiarism. Don't take credit for someone else's information.
rjp_1986
Zygote
Zygote

Post by rjp_1986 »

Well, thank you so much ma'am! I will get to photo bucket asap so I can post pics of my crabs like u do in your journal!
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

If you would like to upload actual pictures here, photobucket also has linking codes that make it possible. (make sure to check for the free photobucket as opposed to the pay one) It uploads in 2 sizes, a thumbnail size and a regular size. If one uses/copies the img tag in the little box and paste it here in the forum the actual picture will show. (Can't wait to see pictures, I LOVE pictures!!)
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
rjp_1986
Zygote
Zygote

Post by rjp_1986 »

Ladybug, which link do I choose? I've tried all 4. No picture! Help!
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by ladybug15057 »

Seems photobucket has changed a bit. If you want the small thumbnail picture, run the mouse (or what is on the phone) over the picture. You will see a drop down menu appear. If you left click the IMG Code, then come here to paste it the picture will appear. With the larger picture the 'menu' is already there for you...like this, and it is the last one... IMG code
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
rjp_1986
Zygote
Zygote

Post by rjp_1986 »

So which one of those 4 options you attached would I copy and paste into this text box? I have tried all 4 that you have showed? Maybe CrabbyJo can shed some light because she does it in her journal!
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by ladybug15057 »

The last one, preferably from the larger picture so it can be viewed. The last one (4th) that starts and ends with the IMG
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

Gizaroo
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 19
Total tanks: 4

Post by Gizaroo »

It could be that you need to resize your pictures on photobucket before the site will let you post them on here. I have to do that with every picture if I want to post it on here... Which is why I always post links! Lol.

The site has a file size limit for posting the actual photos. I can't remember what it is, and am on my iPod so I can't check right now, but I always get an error message whenever I try to post an image link from photobucket.
"My chief concern is to try to be an humble, earnest Christian."- Robert E. Lee

"If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag."-author unknown

Owned by 2 Belgian malinois, 1 mixed breed, 3 parrots, 3 bettas and 6 hermies: Blu, Skip, Theo, Scuttles, Spudnut, and 3 new E's. Rip Blaze,Luka, and Banjo.
rjp_1986
Zygote
Zygote

Post by rjp_1986 »

Okay, that's what is happening then! Resize huh? That you for helping me guys! I think a link is just fine, but I do wish I could post a pic like others do!