HermitCrabParadise EBook?!

Queries and feedback on how this site is run. No care questions.
Isaiahtb
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 0
Total gallons: 0
Total tanks: 0

HermitCrabParadise EBook?!

Post by Isaiahtb »

Could I write an ebook for this site so people can access info from this site at anytime without internet such as for an ipod touch if they are away they don't need wifi to get info for hermit crabs. The ebook will be free so no one can say that they stole their info and made profit for it. Plus kids with ebook compatible devices and hermit crabs wouldn't have to pay for it. Just download it in a jiffy! So how about it? I will use info from the crab care section and forum. But it will be re-worded to be a tad bit shorter. All I need is permission.

Edit:Leave your comments about this idea too!
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Re: HermitCrabParadise EBook?!

Post by Wai »

I appreciate your admiration of this site, but the whole point of having information online is so that it is up to date. Offline versions of data will become out of date over time. I would prefer that Hermit Crab Paradise's information stay online, although we do have a simple care sheet for people to download and print off for their own use.

You are welcome to write your own eBook, but please keep it independent of Hermit Crab Paradise, since you're the one who wrote it, not me. You do have my permission to add Hermit Crab Paradise to your references at the end though, as long as you let the staff here check what you have written first.
Wai
Isaiahtb
Zygote
Zygote

Post by Isaiahtb »

We can publish updated versions of it,besides-an ebook could hold more info for people without printers. Besides I don't mind giving HermitCrabParadise credit for it since all the information-LEGIT information I learned came from here anyways. And the book would be free so no one could make revenue from it. That's fair right?

Edit-Plus printing can be expensive in the long run when free data isn't. I just suggest you have an offline version of it too.
Last edited by Isaiahtb on 21 Oct 2010, 13:55, edited 1 time in total.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

As well as the comments/postings of members are their own material as well. None of it should be used without that members individuals permission as well.
As for viewing off line, Internet Explorer does offer the option of viewing sites (pages) visited off line too once they are marked as such.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Isaiahtb
Zygote
Zygote

Post by Isaiahtb »

But what if they are on the go and don't have internet. Such as if I took my hermies in a temporary crabitat to the bahamas and didn't have a laptop or couldn't bring it, then what. Besides you would have to save a bunch of pages and the forum posts will be put into a general idea for a solution. Such as we state the general problem a person had and then give the general answer. I think an ebook is a good solution. Why don't you want me to write it? is it because I havent been at the forum long or what? :@

Edit-And a laptop is clunky. Why take all the time to turn on a laptop in an emergency when you could just press the home button on an ipod and look at the ebook? and it could fit in your pocket too-so you wouldn't have to carry a case around. I'm just saying an ebook from HermitCrabParadise would be great.
Wai
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Wai »

Not everyone has an iPod or PDA device. I know how to make an eBook too, so if I do want Hermit Crab Paradise to have an eBook in the future, I can make one myself. Most importantly, there is still a lot of information in the Crab Care section that I want to update.
Wai
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

Please do read our replies again, not to argue. The material here is copyrighted as well as the postings/replies belong to the members who type them. (like this reply is mine and to publish without my permission is in violation of copyright)
I am sorry, but there is not actually a "General situation", due to each is usually different to a degree which means the recommendation would be different as well. For "General situations", and info Wai had put together a printable care sheet.
But what if they are on the go and don't have internet. Such as if I took my hermies in a temporary crabitat to the bahamas and didn't have a laptop or couldn't bring it, then what. Besides you would have to save a bunch of pages and the forum posts will be put into a general idea for a solution. Such as we state the general problem a person had and then give the general answer. I think an ebook is a good solution. Why don't you want me to write it? is it because I havent been at the forum long or what? :@

Edit-And a laptop is clunky. Why take all the time to turn on a laptop in an emergency when you could just press the home button on an ipod and look at the ebook? and it could fit in your pocket too-so you wouldn't have to carry a case around. I'm just saying an ebook from HermitCrabParadise would be great.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Isaiahtb
Zygote
Zygote

Post by Isaiahtb »

So...you're saying I can't write it? :(
Wai
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Wai »

For now, I prefer not - like I said before, there's still a lot of information that I wish to update.
Wai
Isaiahtb
Zygote
Zygote

Post by Isaiahtb »

When will you update? Oh and good night! It's 10:00pm where I am so cya in the morning I guess!