What do you think of this community?

Queries and feedback on how this site is run. No care questions.
Jaci
Coenobita
Coenobita

Re: What do you think of this community?

Post by Jaci »

I agree. This is the best forum that I found dealing with hermies. I like that we're all talking about and learning from everyone's experiences, including our own.
*** Lemi *** Bebe *** Wendy *** Ike *** Craig *** Aries*** Zeus ***

RIP:
Token 1/8/06 * Butters 1/31/06 * Tweek 3/16/06 * Shelley 4/14/06 * Timmy 8/5/06 * Athena 11/6/06 * Jimmy 1/22/08 * Apollo 2/4/08
Mr.Crab
Megalopa
Megalopa
Hermit crabs: 3

Post by Mr.Crab »

Jaci wrote:I agree. This is the best forum that I found dealing with hermies. I like that we're all talking about and learning from everyone's experiences, including our own.
Nice way 2 put it. ;)
!!! pictures of my medium pp (take a look and plz comment)
http://hermitcrabparadise.com/forums/vi ... 911#p17911

[[NO PAINTED SHELLS, PAINTED SHELLS ARE TOXIC!!]]
[[PLEASE, ONLY BUY NATURAL SHELLS, WITH NO FINISHES OR SHINES. OR CLEAR COATS!!]]
pattycake101
Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 1

Post by pattycake101 »

I think its awsome! It would be cool if there was a spot to post pic's of hermies that need to be adopted or a bord where you could talk about different brands of products!
Mr.Crab
Megalopa
Megalopa

Post by Mr.Crab »

Wow that would be cool. for your first option pattycake they could just post the picture in the gallery and make a thread in the adopting section then link it.
!!! pictures of my medium pp (take a look and plz comment)
http://hermitcrabparadise.com/forums/vi ... 911#p17911

[[NO PAINTED SHELLS, PAINTED SHELLS ARE TOXIC!!]]
[[PLEASE, ONLY BUY NATURAL SHELLS, WITH NO FINISHES OR SHINES. OR CLEAR COATS!!]]
WhiteHawk207
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 2

Post by WhiteHawk207 »

I have to admit falling in love with this site!!!!! I leaned more than I can even say and the things I have learned are making my crabbies so happy.The chirping is driving me nuts but I think it is happy chirping. They change their shells alot and seem to be up and about all the time now.Thanks!!!
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Post by Wai »

Thank you! I have a LOT to learn too. Don't overestimate me just because I am the founder of this site lol.
Wai
Hermie's rule
Zoea IV
Zoea IV

Post by Hermie's rule »

Thanks for creating the site. I love it. I rarely go to any other hermie forum. It's made up of mostly kids my age and it has a very pleasant atmosphere. Not at all like the horrible adult crabbing sites like Vicki's (So sorry, Vicki! I just don't enjoy all the graphicsims on your site) :D Thanks for creating a cool place where I can truly come out of my hermie shell. LOL
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

My thoughts, I am impressed with the way the crab care section is being updated with current information that has been researched, tried, and from experienced crabbers around the world! Through the updating of the crab care this should definitely provide for better quality care of hermies, as well as helping them to thrive while living in captivity. This will also help members of the HCP to have a better understanding of the needs of hermies, as well as those who do not register for membership, but who surf the web for information on our little pets. There is so much information out there, and some of it is actually so far outdated and nowadays can either be harmful and even lethal to hermies.
The HCP does appear to be a friendly site, with many members who are willing to help and support others which is something that is needed to make a good site! With the crab care being updated, this will also help the members to offer quality, researched, experienced and tried help to those who become members of the HCP in search for help and information.
Since I began to visit more frequently towards the end of October, beginning of November I have noticed some of the help being offered has begun to sway with more of today’s knowledge which is impressive.
Soon, for care information the crab care section here can be referred to for most of the faq’s.
When I first begun to help some with the crab care I also have tried to help on the forums. I felt (still feel to a degree too) awkward about posting links to the Crab Street Journal and the Crabby Wiki, but for some of the questions/concerns being posted on HCP I just did not and still do not actually have the time to sit and type all the information out in detail as some of the links I refer to get into. Some may not be aware, but I did get clearance to so so from the “Doctor” here Sharai. I had referred her to the same info I had referred Wai too, and she was amazed at some of the information that had been researched and experienced. And Sharai, if you read this thank you again so much for taking FMR off of your signature for a source of emergency help due to how FMR is the cause of a LOT of the misinformation, painted shells, as well as some of the heartless advice they give.
Many sites do have a lot of children as members on them, this is mainly who the hermies are geared towards for sale. (why the painted shells with Spider Man, SpongeBob, Googly eyes on their shells as well as tails and ears glued to them) By ‘decorating’ the hermies it draws children’s attention to them. It is important to have a site where children feel comfortable at too, so they can ask the questions they have or address the concerns they may have. But when they do ask questions or have concerns, they should also feel they are receiving accurate information that will help their hermies. Many of us ‘adults’ feel children are the future crabbers of the world, and should have the most updated accurate information possible. This is what we are striving for, the proper care of our hermies… hermie awareness!
Keep up the great work on the Crab Care section Wai!!
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Post by Wai »

I thank everyone for their support. I'm hoping that HCP will become a well-known site in the future.
Wai
Hermie's rule
Zoea IV
Zoea IV

Post by Hermie's rule »

I've already managed to recruit several new members. :D