not sure where to post

Questions about identifying the differences between species.
jdude0u812
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 4
Total gallons: 30
Total tanks: 1

not sure where to post

Post by jdude0u812 »

my wife was talking about getting a straw just wanted to know if i should do anything different for taking care of one of them
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45

Re: not sure where to post

Post by Wai »

There was already a heated discussion in this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3047

Since you haven't had hermit crabs for long, I would advise that you don't get straws for the time being. They are a lot more difficult to take care of than other species.
Wai
CrabbyJo
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 7
Total gallons: 85
Total tanks: 4

Post by CrabbyJo »

Also, to find out even more than what was discussed there, you can use the search feature and just put in the word Strawberry. :) It's up in the right hand corner of the page. :D
6 hermit crabs - 3 PPs and 3 Equadorians
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please feel free to share information from this website, but please be sure to give credit and a link back to the information. Failure to give credit is plagiarism. Don't take credit for someone else's information.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

*scratches head*
I know I merged jdude0u812 post earlier today, but appears it has been 'split' from where I merged it? I also did a pm to tell jdude0u812 where it was... :S

Sent: August 7th, 2009, 5:16 pm
To: jdude0u812
Your strawberry post was merged with an existing straw post that maybe of some help with the information within it

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=3047
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45

Post by Wai »

Oh, I was the one who split it again, Marie. I didn't know that you had merged it earlier.

I think it's best to refrain from merging topics started by different people. It makes things less confusing for everyone. Just reply to their thread with a link to a similar thread started earlier.
Wai
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

Wai: "I think it's best to refrain from merging topics started by different people. It makes things less confusing for everyone."
No problem if that is the way you'd like it. I noticed that when new topics are made that one is not alerted by e-mail as they are if they have already replied to a post. By being alerted by e-mail sometimes one may also go directly to the post to add more info...
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.