New Straws??

Questions about identifying the differences between species.
Hermies4Ever
Zoea II
Zoea II

Post by Hermies4Ever »

i love watching them swap shells. Its not so nice though when they change while you are sleeping or while you are out and you come back and their shell is empty. its like "im houdini... watch me disapear!"
Cheyenne
Zoea I
Zoea I

Post by Cheyenne »

Its me again! Rmember, the person who started this post, LOL. Anyways, like I had said I ddin't get any straws THAT day. But 2 days later, I got 2 medium straws. One died very shortly after purchase. :'( But I ddint' want the other to be alone, so we went back, and were getting ONE more. BUTTT....they were all big crabs, and so I was going to walk away, when I spotted a leg outta the log. I picked up the log, and 2 little (tinie and small) straws sat watching me. they were soo cute! I got them both. ONe went down, and the other switched shells, and seems quite happy. They must've just gotten shipment, because there were so many, and nobody seemed hit by the petco care problem yet :@ O, and if anyone lives near the petco in Auburn MASS, and have room for a jumbo straw, there was one that was very big, and had been there since the month before, when I came. I would love to have him, but dont have the room. So please, if you live nearby, come and pick him up!! (!)
Cheyenne
hermiesrokmysox
Megalopa
Megalopa
Hermit crabs: 7

Post by hermiesrokmysox »

WOW! No fair, I don't think I have a Petco near me...I have to look. This stinks. Anyways, were the straw expensive?
♥Hollywood♥LittleRed♥Qwerty♥Peanut♥Sprite♥Pip♥Paisly
http://hermielog2008.blogspot.com/
hey, im back. :)
Cheyenne
Zoea I
Zoea I

Post by Cheyenne »

$10.99. Same as always tehre. But I got one free, since the other had died :'(
Cheyenne
Jaci
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by Jaci »

we have a petco here in cape, i think that the next time we go looking for a hermie, we may rescue one from there bc they don't know how to take care of them.
*** Lemi *** Bebe *** Wendy *** Ike *** Craig *** Aries*** Zeus ***

RIP:
Token 1/8/06 * Butters 1/31/06 * Tweek 3/16/06 * Shelley 4/14/06 * Timmy 8/5/06 * Athena 11/6/06 * Jimmy 1/22/08 * Apollo 2/4/08
hermiesrokmysox
Megalopa
Megalopa

YAY! i have a petco near me!!!! I have to go there this weekend. I will scan the store for any straws. XD not to but maybe, but just to see one.
iluvhermies
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 46

Post by iluvhermies »

I don't have one near me. The closest 1 is like 2 or 3 hours from me.
Big Daddy*Speedy*Doc*Spot*Sandy*Spongebob*Kolasas*Mrs. Puff*Larry*Gary*Joy*Liberty*Troy*Gabrielle*Ryan*Chelsea
Eddie*Maddie*London*Irwin*Miley*Oliver*Marianna*Dalton*
Chevin*Peeping Tom*April*Hannah*Peanut*Brandon*Brandi*
Autumn*Peyton*Zac*Corbin*Lilly*Rico*Queenie*Princess*Prince
Bruce*Cheese*Sharpay*Elmo*Chris
Jaci
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by Jaci »

ew. we have one in columbia which is about 1/2 hour from my home town. they actually know alot about their animals in the one there. the petco here sucks.
*** Lemi *** Bebe *** Wendy *** Ike *** Craig *** Aries*** Zeus ***

RIP:
Token 1/8/06 * Butters 1/31/06 * Tweek 3/16/06 * Shelley 4/14/06 * Timmy 8/5/06 * Athena 11/6/06 * Jimmy 1/22/08 * Apollo 2/4/08
iluvhermies
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 46

Post by iluvhermies »

I went to the pet stores here in town last weekend. We have 4 of them. 1 PetSmart, 2 Pet Food Centers, and 1 Harp's. There are other pet stores none that carry hermies though. The 1 I go to the most does not have any right now I asked the lady in charge of them (she owns hermies herself) why did they not have any. She said they don't seem to do well here in the winter time so they will be back in the spring. The other ones are good too. I got a very tiny and cute one from PetSmart. I then went to Harp's they are good about taking care of them but they use only gravel. Well I found me to tiny ones there and when I looked into the tank for the bigger ones I saw a leg and Large pincher laying there. Me being me I started to look for the hermies with the missing claw. I finally found it and I told the guy I was looking for it he said you want that 1. I said of course it needs to go home with me so it can bury and grew its pincher back. He thought I was crazy.
Big Daddy*Speedy*Doc*Spot*Sandy*Spongebob*Kolasas*Mrs. Puff*Larry*Gary*Joy*Liberty*Troy*Gabrielle*Ryan*Chelsea
Eddie*Maddie*London*Irwin*Miley*Oliver*Marianna*Dalton*
Chevin*Peeping Tom*April*Hannah*Peanut*Brandon*Brandi*
Autumn*Peyton*Zac*Corbin*Lilly*Rico*Queenie*Princess*Prince
Bruce*Cheese*Sharpay*Elmo*Chris
hermiesrokmysox
Megalopa
Megalopa

you got another crabbie XD YES! THIS WEEKEND I AM SOOO GOING TO PETCO!