blondy627
Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2

Re: Waterfall... Too scary?

Post by blondy627 »

Thanks for the input! I will put it on my wish list. I can't do anything to disruptive in my tank right now. I still have quite a few who are burried... I didn't know of this website until after I got a bunch of new crabbies and put them right in the tank with deep substrate. I don't want to stress them out even more! :)
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Re: Waterfall... Too scary?

Post by ladybug15057 »

I have read about the waterfalls and the bubbler pools. Many wrote their hermies did seem afraid of it at first, but after a week or two they began to warm up to it. Meanwhile they did keep another small pool of water in the tank until the hermies warmed up to it.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Isaiahtb
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 0
Total gallons: 0
Total tanks: 0

Hermit Crab office waterfall?

Post by Isaiahtb »

Could I use a water fall in my father's office. I am afraid though that scince it is battery powered the batteries may short out from moisture or the hermit crabs may break the pannel out and get shocked by it. But I may bury he base so it is a strait drop from the sand and the base water fall filled with pebles so they can get in and out safely. But I'm still worried. Do you think I could use it.
_DiGiTaL_
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 2

Re: creating a waterfall

Post by _DiGiTaL_ »

Im considering going with that zoo-med waterfall or just doing a small rock pond and sticking a tube in it for the bubble effect. There is a range of different waterfalls tho so im looking for a decent one that is easy for them to climb on and off of that i can preferably sit in a corner instead of against one of the main walls. If anyone has any other suggestions on the waterfall units let us know please :D