jasonmom
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 15
Total gallons: 30
Total tanks: 1

Is bottled spring water OK

Post by jasonmom »

I've been reading on hermit forums for awhile & have gotten myself confused :S . Is the Deer Park spring water I've been using OK?
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Re: Is bottled spring water OK

Post by ladybug15057 »

No, if you use any bottled water try distilled water but make sure you have a proper ocean/sea water mix to make up for the minerals the distilled water does not have.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 2

Re: Is bottled spring water OK

Post by emmac350 »

I buy gallon jugs of distilled water from Walmart/whatever grocery store has them cheapest. If you look at the source of "spring" water, you might be surprised what you see. I've even seen municipal water supplies listed.

If you have it right now, I don't think it will be super harmful to finish it out, but for the future, look for the $0.88 per gallon distilled stuff.
Follow the daily lives of my crabs at thedailyhermit.tumblr.com

Mommy to:
Rack, 23 Sep 08; Benny, 23 Sep 08; Slightly, 3 Jan 09; Nibs, 3 Jan 09; Curly, 3 Jan 09; Spaz, 5 Jul 09

If you are contacted privately and enticed to join another forum, please inform a moderator. This is an unethical practice.