Cursed?

Questions about hermit crabs moulting and its symptoms.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Re: Cursed?

Post by ladybug15057 »

Organic hemp can be purchased at Micheal's too.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
RudhiraKaama
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 0
Total gallons: 0
Total tanks: 0

Post by RudhiraKaama »

Darn! I knew I recently saw organic hemp somewhere... it was probably Michael's...
I ordered a large amount from http://www.compostablegoods.com/, the owner is wonderful and was so helpful with my order and what I was looking for :)
Yes, to buy hemp in small strands for jewelry is quite expensive... yikes!
RudhiraKaama
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 0
Total gallons: 0
Total tanks: 0

Post by RudhiraKaama »

So the change of substrate in the tank triggered a molt for my guy and I hadn't seen him in quite some time.
He finally came out this morning to get water while I was awake... then promptly buried himself again, but I'm thrilled he made it through he molt!!! Finger's crossed he makes it all the way through and I start to really see him active again!
Thank you guys again for everything!!
CrabbyJo
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 7
Total gallons: 85
Total tanks: 4

Post by CrabbyJo »

Congratulations on the molt! They do like to go back down for a bit right after, sometimes, I've noticed. Come up, refuel, go back down and continue chilling for a few days. :)

Neat! It's so exciting when they're up and you can see how they've changed, in color or hairiness, and those little black leg tips lol. Most of mine have leg tips right now, and it made my son not want to hold them, they are so prickly! lol
6 hermit crabs - 3 PPs and 3 Equadorians
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please feel free to share information from this website, but please be sure to give credit and a link back to the information. Failure to give credit is plagiarism. Don't take credit for someone else's information.