Food

Place to post notices for sales and bargains.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Food

Post by ladybug15057 »

Wai wrote:Suebee, it's the not the matter of whether who is willing to ship to Australia, but that the quarantine officers are certain to confiscate any food products.
I found this out the hard way a few years ago when I went to ship some foods to Aus. that an Aussie crabber could not possibly get that was sold here in U.S. Bought the food, paid a bit over $17 back then for shipping to have Customs grab them. :(
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Suebee
Banned
Banned
Hermit crabs: 29
Total gallons: 185
Total tanks: 5

Re: Supplies for Aussies Thread

Post by Suebee »

I shipped food to Austrailia this past week, keeping my fingers crossed! I will let you know how it goes. If it doesnt go I have a friend who knows some people that work in the Aussie customs that may be able to tell us how/if it can be done. Someone told me that sealed factory packages can be mailed. I have mailed herbs, seeds and teas without problem so here is hoping for the best!
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Post by Wai »

However, were the herbs, seeds and tea mailed to Australia or another country? If they successfully reached a customer in Australia, I'd be very surprised. Still, I hope whatever you sent will reach your customer.

The quarantine officers here don't publish a list of what is allowed so that we won't be able to argue with them if our purchases are confiscated. There is however, a list of blacklisted items (which pretty much forbids all food products).
Wai
Suebee
Banned
Banned
Hermit crabs: 29
Total gallons: 185
Total tanks: 5

Post by Suebee »

Yes Wai, it was to Austrailia. Ive also sent Dream catchers with natural vines, herbs, nuts, seeds and shells on them.
I listed everything, hideing nothing and so far have been "lucky" I guess. I listed this past Box as Hermit Crab Pet Food. I hope that it makes it ok for the reciever and others. If it doesnt I will see if I can find out more information of how things need to be packaged, labled and shipped. I do not want to be doing anything against the custom laws. I have a few friends in that area too who can help me out to figure out how to correctly ship. I have shipped to many other places however that is not what this tread was about so i was only speaking of "supplies for Aussies" .
For many lets hope that all goes well. Blessings, Suebee
Wai
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Wai »

That's good, having a friend who works in the customs is an added bonus. :)
Wai
Mim
Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 5
Total gallons: 0

Post by Mim »

Wai,
If you go into any post office, they will have a book detailing all customs regulated items.. (I used to own a post office...) The book covers all countries & all goods...
Did you know it's illegal to send a pack of playing cards to Mexico??? 8|
Just a bit of useless trivia!! LOl

I have found a great supplier on eBay who does everything you need for hermies.. My guys absolutely adore her food... Even Patrick who hardly ever eats was caught almost inhaling it...
If you do a search on eBay Australia for the seller Nautilusly..

Here is the link... My crabs go nuts for the Daily Delights!!

http://shop.ebay.com.au/nautilusly/m.ht ... m=&_ipg=25
The shells must be good... Only recieved them today & stripey has already changed!! :P

If you click on the shells, You will see what else she has to offer... If you message her through ebay, she will organise for food alone to be sent... (Australia Only)
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by ladybug15057 »

An Ebay seller in Aus. this sounds GREAT! It is hard for some Aussie crabbers to find good supplies and this would help. Please keep us updated on the shells and other items. Thank you for sharing.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Mim
Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 5
Total gallons: 0

Post by Mim »

She does shells, cuttlefish, food, salts, bathing shells... The whole kit... My crabs are loving the shells... 2 have swapped already!! She is great... realy fast postage too...
Wai
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Wai »

Mim, try looking for pheasant shells (Phasianella autralis or Phasianella ventricosa). Those two types of shells appear to be the top favourite in my tank.

I just bought one big bag of each of the three hermit crab foods sold by Nautilusly. He is a PhD biology student who researches land hermit crabs. :)
Wai
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by ladybug15057 »

He is a PhD biology student who researches land hermit crabs.
Sounds like it is getting better too! :D
Marie (aka ladybug15057)