I NEED HELP!!!!

Questions about unexpected problems.
musicwizard2122
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 2

I NEED HELP!!!!

Post by musicwizard2122 »

my hermit crab, Simon, has come out of his shell and wil not go back in. he was showing a little of the signs of pre-molt and then i came into my room and he was naked. i know that my other hermit didn't force him out. he is isolated in one part of the tank away from my other hermit. i know that he is eating but he almost never moves. he is in a cave i built from clam shells where it is very dark inside and i haven't seen him come out. i really need help because i like these creatures very much and don't want to come home and have to scoop a dead crab from my tank. -.-
emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 2

Re: I NEED HELP!!!!

Post by emmac350 »

Please give us more information about your tank conditions (what substrate, what you use to treat your water with, brand of salt water mix, temperature, humidity, foods offered, whether there are any scented candles, air fresheners, or smoke near the tank) so that we can help you with your problem.

Also, I'm moving this topic to the Streaking forum where it belongs (and leaving a locked topic here to show the original poster where to go).
Follow the daily lives of my crabs at thedailyhermit.tumblr.com

Mommy to:
Rack, 23 Sep 08; Benny, 23 Sep 08; Slightly, 3 Jan 09; Nibs, 3 Jan 09; Curly, 3 Jan 09; Spaz, 5 Jul 09

If you are contacted privately and enticed to join another forum, please inform a moderator. This is an unethical practice.