hermie_lover3542
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 17
Total gallons: 84
Total tanks: 5

help asap streaker injury!!!!!

Post by hermie_lover3542 »

One of my new crabs was changing shells and while doing so her abdomen was cut! I dont no wat to do and she was out of her shell when i found her
*~-proud hermie mommy of 15-~*
They are Hermie the 2nd(medium pp), T.J.(medium pp), Big Daddy(large pp), Tank(Jumbo pp), Pearl(large pp), DigDug(medium pp), Freaky Fred(small pp),courage(Medium pp), Strawberry Shortcake(small pp), Tiny Timantha(tiny pp), T-rex(giant Indo), Bruce(medium strawberry), Autumn(medium blueberry), and Hor-Hay(medium blueberry).
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Re: help asap streaker injury!!!!!

Post by Wai »

Can you see where the cut is? Is it deep? I don't think she will recover, but keep her comfortable until she passes.
Wai
hermie_lover3542
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 17
Total gallons: 84
Total tanks: 5

Re: help asap streaker injury!!!!!

Post by hermie_lover3542 »

The injury was right where the tail started, but she passed about a half hr ago. :'( Im just mad because she was stuck in that shell for 2 yrs without proper care along with her friend pinchy who is more fortunate. He only has a chipped claw, they were rescues i got from a lady off of craigslist yesterday.
They were in a 2.5 gallon plaatic tank with hermit safe, pellets and powder food, 2 shells that they didnt fit a cocohut, gravel, and wire climbing toy. I feel so bad for them now :( Im just glad pinchy is all right..
*~-proud hermie mommy of 15-~*
They are Hermie the 2nd(medium pp), T.J.(medium pp), Big Daddy(large pp), Tank(Jumbo pp), Pearl(large pp), DigDug(medium pp), Freaky Fred(small pp),courage(Medium pp), Strawberry Shortcake(small pp), Tiny Timantha(tiny pp), T-rex(giant Indo), Bruce(medium strawberry), Autumn(medium blueberry), and Hor-Hay(medium blueberry).