Andee
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 13
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 1

Rugby without a shell this morning

Post by Andee »

I woke up to a naked Rugby this morning. He has dropped a claw and is kind of listless. I quickly prepared a critter keeper for him to place in the main habitat. I added shells and fresh water as that was all that would fit. I turned off all the lights and closed all the curtains. Placed him in the water for a few seconds to moisten him and then gently placed him on the EE next to the shells. I am waiting nervously for him to change into one. I am so worried, should I do anything else?
40 gallon with 13 hermit crabs- 11 PPs, 1 E, 1 Straw

My Blog: http://crabbingadventures.wordpress.com
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45

Re: Rugby without a shell this morning

Post by Wai »

Is he isolated from the others? Is the tank too hot or cold?
Wai
Andee
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 13
Total gallons: 40

Re: Rugby without a shell this morning

Post by Andee »

Sorry I meant to post and say that he ended up passing a few hours later. Possibly a little bit before. I had isolated him inside I critter keeper in the main habitat but he seemed to far gone I think. I came back in the room and he had gone stiff and was laying on his side. The heat is at 80 degrees F and the humidity gauge has been recalibrated to read 75% when in use. It makes me wonder whether I had screwed up somehow or whether it was just something strange that happened. He had been so active recently. Everyone else is doing well. No issues have arised and someone has change into a new shell. I am watching really closely for any signs of sickness but there doesn't seem to be any. Any suggestions?
40 gallon with 13 hermit crabs- 11 PPs, 1 E, 1 Straw

My Blog: http://crabbingadventures.wordpress.com