I think i might be losing boo....:(!

Questions about unexpected problems.
xXxEmilixXx
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 0
Total gallons: 0
Total tanks: 0

Re: I think i might be losing boo....:(!

Post by xXxEmilixXx »

Your hermit crab might want to moult and is weak. If your hermit crab smells like rotting fish then it usually means that the poor crab has died.
What are the temperatures of the tank and the humidity levels? What are you feeding them? What is your substrate?
Not trying to tempt you or anything, but have you tried tipping your crab sort of forward? Do it VERY slowly and VERY carefully and just see if he comes out a bit.
Look up this website: www.hermit-crabs.com
**Emili**

R.I.P to my beloved hermies who are no longer with us> Pinchy***Harold Zoid***Zoidberg 1***Zoidberg 2***Joe***Edna The Original***Boris***Popcorn***
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

xXxEmilixXx if you look in the upper right corner of the first post in this thread you will note it was written: November 11th, 2006, 10:02 pm. In the second post the member posted, their hermie unfortunately had passed.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Post by Wai »

Emilli, that site was once a great site, but it's now a bit outdated.

Also, as a reminder to everyone, please don't reply to topics that have died years ago.
Wai
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

I agree with Wai on the site referred too as well. Last I remember the care information being updated was about 2002-maybe 2003?
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.