Best friends?

Ask any hermit crab care questions in the appropriate section.
rmbrmb
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 35
Total tanks: 3

Best friends?

Post by rmbrmb »

I have never seen this before......................

I got a new guy becuase I wanted another after squrit. On the way home I could see he was a male. Well after ISO I brought him with my crew. Snapper was underground and splash and violet were hanging out in the moss. Violet came out right away and stayed close togher. Now I can't ever see them apart. They eat togher, drink togher, lay in the moss togher, you name it. Violet is much smaller and she and him are pp while snapper and splash are E's. I have no Idea why they stick so close. Even squrit and her didnt do that and they were the same size. I didnt even get violet and him from the same petstore. I am confused. (?)
My crew:
Snapper, Violet, Thrash, Finch, Splich-Splat, and Cookie

Rip:
Splash
Squrit
Dead and missed!
hermie_lover3542
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 17
Total gallons: 84
Total tanks: 5

Re: Best friends?

Post by hermie_lover3542 »

The same thing happened to me lol my crab big daddy and my new indo are best friends they wont leave eachother ^_^ I guess they make friends like we do lol
*~-proud hermie mommy of 15-~*
They are Hermie the 2nd(medium pp), T.J.(medium pp), Big Daddy(large pp), Tank(Jumbo pp), Pearl(large pp), DigDug(medium pp), Freaky Fred(small pp),courage(Medium pp), Strawberry Shortcake(small pp), Tiny Timantha(tiny pp), T-rex(giant Indo), Bruce(medium strawberry), Autumn(medium blueberry), and Hor-Hay(medium blueberry).
Foxydiva3
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 27
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2

Post by Foxydiva3 »

If you look in the crab care section the pic is of my two crabs. Monster my Jumbo Straw and then there is Little E, They were always together. They loved to be at the top of the net and Monster always seemed to be giving him a hug. This at the time was in a huge tank with around 35 or 40 crabs and They would always find each other. Neat. Saddly Little E passed away during a bad moult. I don't know if from heart break or what but monster passed a few months later. I had monster for around 4 yrs and he was one of my favs. So I do believe certian crabs weather they are of the same species or not have best friends.
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Post by Wai »

Aww, sorry to hear the duo has passed. :( Still, four years is a great achievement, especially for a jumbo!
Wai
Foxydiva3
Zoea II
Zoea II

Post by Foxydiva3 »

Thanx, I was devistated because he was actually a very friendly crab who would eat out of your hand and everything. I think Straws make the frinedliest crabs. I loved seeing him in his giant Swimming pool. It seems though his heart wasn't in it after Little E passed on. I have yet to find a Straw since. I still have all my PP and Ees and some ruggies Just no straws. Anyone know where I could find one? I bought Monster around 6 yrs ago and that was at a local Petco. I haven't seen straws in there since.
hermie_lover3542
Zoea II
Zoea II

Livehermitcrabs(dot)com is where I get mine btw R.I.P to both of your crabbies.
They are Hermie the 2nd(medium pp), T.J.(medium pp), Big Daddy(large pp), Tank(Jumbo pp), Pearl(large pp), DigDug(medium pp), Freaky Fred(small pp),courage(Medium pp), Strawberry Shortcake(small pp), Tiny Timantha(tiny pp), T-rex(giant Indo), Bruce(medium strawberry), Autumn(medium blueberry), and Hor-Hay(medium blueberry).
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

Please be careful of this site. Please read the thread about livehermitcrabs.com:
http://crabstreetjournal.com/xoops/modu ... mpost22904
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Foxydiva3
Zoea II
Zoea II

Post by Foxydiva3 »

I honestly can't order because I Can't promise to be home when they come so I guess I will just have to wait until I get lucky and come across some! =)
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Post by Wai »

From the complaints I have read about online, it seems that the owner of the Live Hermit Crabs store has not been responding to enquiries, so I would not recommend ordering from there for the time being.
Wai
hermie_lover3542
Zoea II
Zoea II

That actually happened to me but all my crabs arrived safe and mite free. This is the first thats ever happened though before she shipped them right away.