I Saved A Ton Of Hermies Today!

Ask any hermit crab care questions in the appropriate section.
Foxydiva3
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 27
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2

I Saved A Ton Of Hermies Today!

Post by Foxydiva3 »

I go to the beach every weekend and today we went to Assateague VA. My Husband is a Nature photographer so we always start on the bayside then walk back Ocean side. I always collect Turbos for my crabs and today There were hundreds ocean side. Very Odd and they all were fuzzy and had scallops and barnicles. I told My husband that ment there was something living in them sure enough There were Tons of Hermies stranded on the beach. In all my years Iv'e never seen this. I don't know if it was a super high tide, a rougue Wave or the Hurricane that is off shore that stranded them. TThese are Marine hermies by the way. Any ways I collected all that I could find and rolled them up in some towels and then tranfered them back to the Bayside. I sure hope most of them made it I couldn't tell how long they had been stranded but Most After a minute crawled off into the depths. It was a feel good moment for me.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Re: I Saved A Ton Of Hermies Today!

Post by ladybug15057 »

Sounds like they were washed ashore from hurricane Ireane?
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Foxydiva3
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 27
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2

Re: I Saved A Ton Of Hermies Today!

Post by Foxydiva3 »

No Irene was a few weeks ago. These were washed up today they still had water in ther shells and were alive. Hurricane Katia is no threat to us but is right off shore so Im Thinking a rougue Wave from that or maybe a really High tide. It was strange Ive been going to that beach since I was 10 And I m 37 now, Ive never seen anything like it.