new Aussie crab owner

Ask any hermit crab care questions in the appropriate section.
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2

Re: new Aussie crab owner

Post by aussieJJDude »

today my crab and i was bored for the tank so i gave it a botox. the pool decided that it would leak (thank god it was a little bit) so i got a smaller better and deeper pool. the tank looks way more roomier and i need to go down to the local fish shop to go some supplies, plants. was there a life before crabs?
Before there hiding places was just them digging in to the sand, now for some reason they love the plant mat and climb half way and just sleep there, it is so cute.
there plant lets are going great, the grass looked lik it was going to die but now it has finally managed its growth spurt and i hope the lil lawn mowers XD will keep it in check.
here is the link as it could not determined the dimensions of the images
http://my.imageshack.us/v_images.php
hope you guys like it, my crab LOVE IT!
So cute, so naughty, so active! ;)
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

I clicked the link but it wants me to login... I do not have an image shack account and honestly do not want one.
Do you have paint on your computer? One can resize a photo there and save it, then add it to their avatar at the required size. I helped Giz, not sure how to get your picture to try to resize it for you?
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V

Post by aussieJJDude »

on sunday i rescued 2 crabs
one is a micro teeny (Vodka) and other is called baryonyx (med large)
they are both boys
go onto my blog at
http://hermitlagoon.webs.com/
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Post by Wai »

It would be great if you referenced where you got the pictures of the straws, Es and PPs from in your blog banner, since I assume those crabs aren't yours.
Wai
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

True, and I do see now where there have been a couple of links to sites, one being HCParadise (which is not clickable but the other 2 are?)
But this does not give actual credit to the owner of the hermies, which is needed.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V

Post by aussieJJDude »

don't worry, it is done and dusted :D