Happy Crab Anniversary to us!!!!!!

Ask any hermit crab care questions in the appropriate section.
appps
Zoea III
Zoea III
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 57
Total tanks: 1

Happy Crab Anniversary to us!!!!!!

Post by appps »

I was busily doing our first big deep clean of the crab tank the other day when it occurred to me that we had probably reached our first 12 month anniversary. In fact turns out Fili and Voldemort passed it back in July and Turbo and Jasper in September.

We have made it through 12 months with our only loss being poor Mr Lazy who didn’t make the first month and I suspect he didn’t make it more because of the conditions before we bought him than after. (no heater on tank at store in middle of winter, next week the ones that were left were down to only a few legs each)

We had actually thought that we had lost Voldemort as he hadnt been seen for a very long time. I was collecting them and putting them in the isolation tank as they came up from below ground ready to empty the tank out and redo it and just as I was thinking Id go digging for the body and clean it on the weekend who should pop up but the last crab. I suspect that half the time he was coming up but just being identified as Fili *|

So YAY!! Guess we must be doing something right :D and thanks for the great information here, I doubt they would have all made it if Id relied on the pet shop ^)
Annette
Carer of 5 Australian Land Hermit Crabs
Fili & Voldemort since 12/07/2011
Turbo since 29/09/2011
Frederickson & Kai 12/02/2012
and our new addition Stripey Ninja 25/10/2014

Our Crab tank setup & Journal -http://crabbycreatures.wordpress.com
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Re: Happy Crab Anniversary to us!!!!!!

Post by ladybug15057 »

Congratulations on your anniversary!! I hope it is one of many anniversaries to come!! :D
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Bonnie.Maree
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 55
Total tanks: 3

Post by Bonnie.Maree »

Happy anniversary to you and your crabs! I agree that this site, the people and the information has been a lifesaver!
MY HERMIT CRABS: Chester the sneaky and Indigo the digger
REST IN PEACE Willow the tunnel maker and Charlie the climber
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2

Post by aussieJJDude »

Happy anniversary! :-)
I know what you mean by how lucky we are to stumble across here!
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.