New Pet Store

Ask any hermit crab care questions in the appropriate section.
Hermes' Hermies
Zygote
Zygote

New Pet Store

Post by Hermes' Hermies »

I haven't made a post for a while because of Year 7 and high school and blah blah blah, so I thought I'd tell everyone about a new pet store in Mount Waverley ( which is in Melbourne, sorry!)

There's this new pet store, called Pet Story. It might be a good place to get a tank or buy hermit crabs, because their hermit crabs don't actually wear painted shells! (But they do sell small painted shells, unfortunately) And they also sell unpainted jumbo shells. For $24 they sell 10 litre tanks which are ideal for isolation and 40 litre tanks which is actually is for fish but I don't think there's a filter, so no problems!

Also, for other Aussie hermit owners who have a hard time finding coconut fibre, Pets Paradise sells 'coco peat' for five dollars. (They also sell small UNPAINTED shells!)

Hermes, signing out!
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Re: New Pet Store

Post by Wai »

Sounds like it's an independent pet store? I used to go for Mandarin classes in Mount Waverley.
Wai
Hermes' Hermies
Zygote
Zygote

I think it is an independent store because I have never seen another store by that name... Although, they bought the Blockbuster store that used to be there and that shop block is pretty big, not to mention all of the other animals they have :P
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2

Post by aussieJJDude »

Nice :D
And yep the the Pets Paradise, I seen the coco peat... They hardly dint any tank though... So might need a few.. Don't know about you guys, but the disks were cheap.. $5 each...

I also heard that you can get coco fiber off Big W and a few places similar by another aussie owner I know...
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.
Hermes' Hermies
Zygote
Zygote

Oh, really? I should check if I could get it from a place like Big W, thanks for that!
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V

Post by aussieJJDude »

They sell it in bricks.... I know that they don't call it EE - it coco peat..
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V

Post by aussieJJDude »

hmmm...
*looks in other forum*
Ping, found it!
"Its coir peat bricks from Big W, or Kmart. One of those. The brand is Brunnings."

Hermes' Hermies
Zygote
Zygote

...coir...? I checked all three's website but got gardening stuff and Lego:/