Andee
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 13
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 1

Re: Lethargic Jumbo PP

Post by Andee »

I think I have a 30-40 gallon UTH or possibly the size larger for that... I think I might have gone 50-60 gallon UTH because of the fact that I went for a 40 gallon long instead of just a breeder, so it was harder to find one that took up half the bottom, the warmer half is 78-80 degrees usually it stays in the 80 range since I got my Strawberry because I am trying to keep it warmer
40 gallon with 13 hermit crabs- 11 PPs, 1 E, 1 Straw

My Blog: http://crabbingadventures.wordpress.com
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

Straws do seem to prefer the warmer temp, and a proper salinity level to their ocean/sea water. But there are many times too I catch my straws on the cooler side, and that is also where they normally molt at too.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Andee
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 13
Total gallons: 40

Post by Andee »

I've noticed that my Straw likes the warmer side... or it could just be he likes the eco earth in that side of the tank. Got to look at his gender he is officially a boy. ^^ He seems to be doing well compared to my last Strawberry, Gizmo is much healthier, it could be I just wasn't ready to have a strawberry at that point or Crim was just too stressed with PPS. I'm not sure, but I am happy that all is well right now ^^. Hey Marie how many Straws do you have?
40 gallon with 13 hermit crabs- 11 PPs, 1 E, 1 Straw

My Blog: http://crabbingadventures.wordpress.com
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45

Post by Wai »

Marie has four straws.
Wai
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

Yepper, 4! Stinker, Dinker, Binker, and Tinker. (had a thing about trying to make their names all rhyme.... like my rugs, Snapper, Clapper, Clipper, and Snipper!) XD Got them all several years ago.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.