Squrit

This is the place to send a tribute for your departed hermies.
rmbrmb
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 35
Total tanks: 3

Squrit

Post by rmbrmb »

I was on vacation. I had a crab who had pps. His name is squrit. (I had a good crabsitter) When I got home I was told one of the crabs was dead sure enough he was. He fell out of his shell when he was picked up. He was gone. It was my first time having a dead crab.
*************************************************************************************************************************

R.I.P Squrit

************************************************************************************************************************* *|
My crew:
Snapper, Violet, Thrash, Finch, Splich-Splat, and Cookie

Rip:
Splash
Squrit
Dead and missed!
CrabbyJo
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 7
Total gallons: 85
Total tanks: 4

Re: Squrit

Post by CrabbyJo »

Sorry to hear about your little Squrit :(

Did you check carefully to see if the abdomen was attached or not? Falling out of the shell is not always a good indicator, people who don't know better don't know they should be checking for that abdomen. Hopefully you did?
6 hermit crabs - 3 PPs and 3 Equadorians
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please feel free to share information from this website, but please be sure to give credit and a link back to the information. Failure to give credit is plagiarism. Don't take credit for someone else's information.
rmbrmb
Zygote
Zygote

Post by rmbrmb »

I did. There was no way he was alive he was all the way out in a 'c' like position for more then a day. His eyes were pointed down and it was imposible that he could be alive. He wast eatting for days or drinking and he hardly moved before he died.

(this was my first hermit crab death ever :( )
My crew:

Rip:
Splash
Squrit
Dead and missed!
CrabbyJo
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 7
Total gallons: 85
Total tanks: 4

Post by CrabbyJo »

The first one is the hardest :( You can only do your best to give them what you know they need, and sometimes there's no way of knowing if the poor things were already made ill from their experience of capture and shipping, or if they just had too much stress to survive it all. you did the best you could, now he's over the rainbow bridge, climbing happily with all the other little ones who have gone before home.

Rest in Peace, Squrit.
6 hermit crabs - 3 PPs and 3 Equadorians
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please feel free to share information from this website, but please be sure to give credit and a link back to the information. Failure to give credit is plagiarism. Don't take credit for someone else's information.
HermitCrabLove
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 2

Post by HermitCrabLove »

I'm so sorry to hear about that. I still haven't lost one yet & I hope it is a while before I do. My second one's name is Squirt right now. I'm so sorry about Squirt.
RIP Squirt
rmbrmb
Zygote
Zygote

Post by rmbrmb »

I got Thrash in replace of squrit a while back..... not the same. Oh goodness the aniversary of squrit is comming up :(
Man... its been so long. How come I haven't gotten over it yet?
My crew:

Rip:
Splash
Squrit
Dead and missed!