A bad week in aus

This is the place to send a tribute for your departed hermies.
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2

A bad week in aus

Post by aussieJJDude »

I just came here to say that 3 of my crabs died. :'(
Ninja - I over watered the sub - or my parents did when I was away in Indo - and I found her in her moulting (under water) cave... I really miss her energy!
Unnamed - she died of PPS, I smelt a fishly smell in the tank, and found her dead when she was trying to moult, she never really had a life, besides a horrible LFS... So sorry!
Peanut - Died just like Ninja did, at lease i had a year with her - will be missed!
I miss you guys! :(
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.
StellaCrab
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 13
Total gallons: 125

Re: A bad week in aus

Post by StellaCrab »

I am very sorry for the loss of your crabs, it's always hard losing them when you couldn't really do much about it, or if something went wrong. Please know that it happens to the best of us, its the negative part of life.
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 65

Post by aussieJJDude »

Slightly old post... Happened quite a number of years ago! ;) But thank you, having had my fair share in unavoidable or simply misguided attempts is the part and parcel of experience IMO.
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.
StellaCrab
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 13
Total gallons: 125

Post by StellaCrab »

aussieJJDude wrote: 07 Dec 2018, 13:01 Slightly old post... Happened quite a number of years ago! ;) But thank you, having had my fair share in unavoidable or simply misguided attempts is the part and parcel of experience IMO.
Yeah, just seeing this made me feel like I should say something about it ;)