Wal-mart!

Report on pet stores that are either doing a great or terrible job of looking after their hermit crabs on display.
Ashleigh
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 2

Re: Wal-mart!

Post by Ashleigh »

When I got my crabs they gave me a box with shredded paper in it. I can't beleive they would give you a plastic bag!
Yay Nacho and Taco my 2 hermies!
emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 2

Post by emmac350 »

My petco gave them to me in a cardboard box with holes in the top for air circulation that is usually used for mice and hamsters to come home in...not hermit crabs! The poor guys had nothing to hold on to...Nibs held onto a fold in the cardboard so hard I had to wait for him to let go so I could put him in my crab traveling container!
Follow the daily lives of my crabs at thedailyhermit.tumblr.com

Mommy to:
Rack, 23 Sep 08; Benny, 23 Sep 08; Slightly, 3 Jan 09; Nibs, 3 Jan 09; Curly, 3 Jan 09; Spaz, 5 Jul 09

If you are contacted privately and enticed to join another forum, please inform a moderator. This is an unethical practice.
Chermo
Megalopa
Megalopa
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 1

Post by Chermo »

Mine came home in a plastic round container that they use for betas at the store. They did however put a damp papertowel in with them. When I go buy more I will be bringing my KK to bring them home in but I want to wait till ISO is set up and it gets a tad bit warmer out.
Proud mommy of 2 beautiful daughters Kytana and Danica, 1 cat Princess and 1 dog Liebschen

Due to family issues my crabs have been adopted out to wizkidsmom (Cheryl), I know she will care for them like I did. Thanks Cheryl

RIP Orangy June 2009
krabby_katie
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 9

Post by krabby_katie »

I got one in plastic box thing, like the crab was a slice of cake or something. They did put a damp paper towel in it too. I usually bring my KK with me now a days though. Sometimes I buy one without planning on it though. When I got to Montreal at the end of February I'm bringing my KK, because I want to get a crab from another province again. Hopefully a jumbo! :D
-Katie Forbes
Es: Mr. Krabs*Xena*Hubert*Clarice*Tank*Paras
PPs: Cosmo*Unknown*Darla

RIP: Sandy + Calypso + Kaluha + Jorgen von Strangle + Daisy + Mojo (assumed) + Stella
See them: http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w69/katelynforbes/
emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by emmac350 »

See, I'm too scared to mess with big crabs. I have enough problems with my tiny ones...and I'm hoping that I'll never get pinched if they're used to me from the time they're little. I'm operating out of a 10 gallon though.

Mommy to:
Rack, 23 Sep 08; Benny, 23 Sep 08; Slightly, 3 Jan 09; Nibs, 3 Jan 09; Curly, 3 Jan 09; Spaz, 5 Jul 09

If you are contacted privately and enticed to join another forum, please inform a moderator. This is an unethical practice.
krabby_katie
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 9

Post by krabby_katie »

I love the jumbos, they're my favorite. :) I think the little ones are harder to find because they're always hinding and they're just so small. The bigger ones are always out and about. Plus jumbos are easier to handle, in my opinion, because they don't try to run off of your hand as much. :P
-Katie Forbes
Es: Mr. Krabs*Xena*Hubert*Clarice*Tank*Paras
PPs: Cosmo*Unknown*Darla

RIP: Sandy + Calypso + Kaluha + Jorgen von Strangle + Daisy + Mojo (assumed) + Stella
See them: http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w69/katelynforbes/
Hermie's rule
Zoea IV
Zoea IV
Hermit crabs: 3

Post by Hermie's rule »

*gasp* If you think smalls are fast, you should see my jumbo. He is HYPERACTIVE!!! :D Extremely hyperactive. He rarely pinches me, but when I hold him he's always wiggling like a freight train. Hence the name Wiggles. LOL

Once a jumbo clamped onto my hand right in a pet store. Poor sales guy. LOL :P He was utterly petrified and was like, "That's never happened here before!" And I had to tell him what to do to get the crab off my hand and I was almost crying it hurt so bad. Poor hermie was starved to death and kept taking his little pincher and trying to eat molecules of air off my hand. The hermies had no food at all. :@ I should have taken said hermie home with me, but as far as I know, I'm afraid he met a bad fate. :'(
Pengy
Zygote
Zygote

Post by Pengy »

They Sell hermies at walmart!???
Mother of:Pumpkin, Spikey, Mikey, Doggy, Shela
emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by emmac350 »

Only at larger Walmarts. I've only seen fish at them, but I've heard of crabs too.

Mommy to:

Pengy
Zygote
Zygote

Post by Pengy »

My petco gave me a plastic cup with damp paper in it. AND walmart sells Hermits CRABBS!!??? I was just there yesterday!
Mother of:Pumpkin, Spikey, Mikey, Doggy, Shela