A revolution?

Report on pet stores that are either doing a great or terrible job of looking after their hermit crabs on display.
anniehorsekrab
Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 15
Total tanks: 2

Re: A revolution?

Post by anniehorsekrab »

That stinks. I love your caresheet Wai! :(
~Annie

(and Mr. Krabs, Your Shyness, Scooter, Mr. Krabs Jr, Zipper, and Beechie of course!)
roxanne
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 7
Total gallons: 20

Post by roxanne »

Try not to take it to heart even though it must feel like a such a blow :( , How many caresheets did you give them ? and have you been back to the store much? could they have maybe given your caresheets out to customers and have none left? sorry if it sounds crazy but thats what came to my mind when i first read this- i like to think the best of people, but maybe you could give them some more caresheets next time your there... Never give up as hard as it seems because if even one customer from that store gets your sheets think of how much more comfortable those little hermies lives are going to be! :D
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Post by Wai »

I only gave one to the store to see if they would put it up. I had a link on the caresheet - the lady could have told the customers to download a copy of the caresheet, rather than giving away their only copy. I have been to the store several times and I know that the lady recognises me, yet she hasn't approached me for more copies, if she needed any.
Wai
roxanne
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 7
Total gallons: 20

Post by roxanne »

It sounds like she probably wont either, all i can suggest is that next time you go there maybe give her a few copies of your care sheet to keep near the hermit crab tank / section in the shop, It wouldnt suprise me if your sheet was given away. Not everyone has the net on at home or would take the time to download it as it might become a case of out of sight out of mind for them once they get there new pet home. :( But maybe they would be more inclined to do more research if they had the caresheet when they left the shop as it would get there attention. :) Good luck with it all anyway...
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Post by Wai »

Still, she added a hygrometer to the tank upon my request, but it always gives readings of about 30% and the tank doesn't look like it has ever been sprayed with water for humidity boosts. I got tired of reminding them, so I gave up.
Wai
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

Wai it is so frustrating but one cannot give up. If one is pleasant about it hopefully the owners will start to take the hint but the hermies need you!
Are you in a position that you can make many copies and just give them to her to pass out to her customers? Point out the hermies criteria and how in reality it would mean more $$$ for her if she carried and sold the needed items too. (especially with the holiday coming around)
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.