Tybee Island Hermit Crab Stores

Report on pet stores that are either doing a great or terrible job of looking after their hermit crabs on display.
Sterwick
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 4
Total gallons: 35
Total tanks: 2

Re: Tybee Island Hermit Crab Stores

Post by Sterwick »

CrabbyJo wrote:Well, it's also very discouraging when to mollify you they just say "the tank has been sprayed". Which will raise the humidity for what, 10 minutes or so? Baloney!

Darn these people.
Yep, I was very concerned they weren't going to spray the tank frequently enough, especially because not all the staff are as good as Phill. If you complain to one of the staff about fish not being kept in good conditions etc. she just says 'its what the public want'. And yes I am regularly reminding them now and again just incase they forget.
My names stevo These are my hermies: mangon, enco, cocon, theforestgiant. RIP sheldon and tobasco, may you forgive the humans who were treating you in those appaling conditions in the petstore.
CrabbyJo
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 7
Total gallons: 85
Total tanks: 4

Post by CrabbyJo »

I guess I was trying to say they aren't making steps to increase the humidity in other ways, just responded with "the tank has been sprayed" to get you to leave them be. Spraying is not a good method of maintaining humidity for the crabs. :(
6 hermit crabs - 3 PPs and 3 Equadorians
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please feel free to share information from this website, but please be sure to give credit and a link back to the information. Failure to give credit is plagiarism. Don't take credit for someone else's information.
Sterwick
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 4
Total tanks: 2

Post by Sterwick »

Reading the reply, it looks like they are also going to sort out the heating to make sure the humidity doesn't drop either but yeah i'm still a little concerned.
My names stevo These are my hermies: mangon, enco, cocon, theforestgiant. RIP sheldon and tobasco, may you forgive the humans who were treating you in those appaling conditions in the petstore.
rmbrmb
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 6
Total tanks: 3

Post by rmbrmb »

Oh my goodness! Sorry for the randomness. I love tybee Island I lived way close to it! And I might soon...
My crew:
Snapper, Violet, Thrash, Finch, Splich-Splat, and Cookie

Rip:
Splash
Squrit
Dead and missed!
Purple pinchers
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 3
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 1

Post by Purple pinchers »

I say everyone from USA should send letters to the president about hermit crabs... But that would never work :( so I geuss the people that know about hermit crabs will just have to keep trying to inform people.
*Pack Rat*
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Post by Wai »

Yeah, much like the online petitions. You can sign them, but I doubt they're going to impact much on anything.
Wai