rjp_1986
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 3
Total gallons: 10
Total tanks: 1

Re: The Crab Pen Convention

Post by rjp_1986 »

Okay so I wanna hear ur thoughts on this too. I don't want to get a kiddie pool. What about a bathtub? Thoughts? anyone? My crabby clan has a few more days of PPS and I want to get the big one out for exercise because I think he's the most outgoing one and eats and drinks regularly!
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

Bath tub as in what your bath/shower in? It would need to be free of all forms of soap film, and make sure the drain is covered with a plug or something that the hermies cannot move. (yes there have been a couple horror stories in the past where hermies fell in the drain)
But rubbermaid type containers can be used, clothes baskets, anywhere there has not been cleaners or chemicals used. One could even put a sheet on the floor, but keep a VERY close eye on the hermies. They are fast and if one gets distracted for even a minute a hermie seems to know and can be gone in that time.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
autumnfalls
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 3
Total gallons: 50
Total tanks: 2

Post by autumnfalls »

I love your ideas! My crabs are rather lazy some daysd, so I might have to encourage them to exercise this way :) My only issue is that it's still winter here(!) so I'm worried about the hermies getting cold outside of their tank. Any ideas? I'm in a basement suite so I have no heat controls or anything.
Long haired Crab Enthusiast!