What kind of person has hermit crabs for pets?

For off-topic chat. Please introduce yourself here.
babesbarn
Zoea III
Zoea III
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 1

What kind of person has hermit crabs for pets?

Post by babesbarn »

Hi I am BabesBarn from New Jersey. I have been a member since August 2010 when I got my first Hermie on the boardwalk. I have a journal and pictures if anyone is interested.
Anyhow, A week ago or so, The radio station talk hosts were asking people to call in and tell people what kind of unusual pets they have. When I finally got ON, they laughed at me and said "what kind of a person raises hermit crabs?" They pretty much fun of me but I said that some people like fish and that there are quite a few people who have them and that for someone who is interested in "behavoir of reptiles, marine life" it is not as unusual as they think. I said it would be like raising turtles, they are "neat". They laughed and hung up to hear the next caller.
so I was wondering really....what kind of person are we? I know I am caring, pay attention to detail, enjoy following the location of a songbird to see which bird it is. So what kind are you? (?)
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2

Re: What kind of person has hermit crabs for pets?

Post by aussieJJDude »

awesome people that have awesome pets! :D
and i love animals that is why my back yard is like a zoo (but they are all properly cared for, so i am not a horder like someone has told me XD )
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.